PDA

View Full Version : Fold down table saw out feed table

Jay Jolliffe
05-25-2008, 5:21 PM
I did a search & couldn't find it. Months ago someone posted a design for a fold down out feed table for a table saw. Does any remember it or know where I could find it.....

Paul Gatti
05-25-2008, 5:25 PM
It's Jim's design. I built one and it works great.

http://sawsndust.com/p-outfeed.htm

Steve Flavin001
05-25-2008, 7:06 PM
issue number, I think it was October,.

Steve Flavin001
05-25-2008, 10:06 PM
http://woodstore.net/tabouttab.html

Tablesaw Outfeed Table
Woodworking Plan
Our handy folding fixture adds only inches to your saw when stored, but provides you with more than 3' of stock support beyond the blade for safer and more convenient cutting.

This fixture attaches to any stationary tablesaw, regardless of the style or material of your saw’s extension wings. We built ours to fit a Ridgid TS2424 tablesaw with webbed, cast-iron extension wings. But we’ll also show you how to mount the outfeed table to solid cast-iron, stamped-steel, and shop-built wooden tables.

Measures aproximately 24"x36".

NOTE: This plan is available as both a downloadable plan and a Mail-Direct Plan as offered below. To download, view, and print the plan on your computer, you'll need Adobe Acrobat Reader. If ordering the Downloadable Acrobat Plan, click here for Step-By-Step Instructions on downloading. Or, for a few dollars more, the Mail-Direct Plan (a pre-printed, full-color copy) is shipped directly to you via First Class Mail. You should have the Mail-Direct Plan within 7-10 days of ordering. For faster shipment of the Mail-Direct Plan we offer 2-3 day Priority Mail at an additional cost.

Jay Jolliffe
05-26-2008, 7:06 AM
Thanks for taking the time for answering ......I like the first design. Looks that it would be stabler.

Jim Becker
05-26-2008, 10:40 AM
Jay, when I "designed" the fold down outfeed system for the Jet cabinet saw I used to own, I wanted it to be a little sturdy since at the time I originally built it, the surface would also be serving as some additional assembly space.

One thing I would do differently after having used it for a few years, would be to consider making it full width. It would be easy to change in that respect, although it would be less efficient in material usage. 4' wide does have an advantage in that respect.

While my design was put up for a cabinet saw, some folks, including Fred Voorhess, built it for a contractors' style saw and it worked out fine. It just requires a little bit of careful planning to avoid interference with the blade/motor tilt on the back of the saw.