PDA

View Full Version : Attention PackerLand members:

John Miliunas
04-09-2004, 11:51 PM
Hey, I hope I'm not violating any TOS rules here, but I thought I should bring this to the most noticeable place on the site. Larry G. put a thread out on the FPP forum ( http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?threadid=8462 ) and I note that, to date, only 30 views and only 1 response.

So, to all you Wisconsinites, please, check it out and try to give it your support. I realize some of you are a lengthy distance away, but there are a number of us relatively close, as well. Let's see if we can't put some real SMC presence at the event and make this thing a success! Remember, you don't necessarily have to be a turner! There are many phases to producing a single pen and you too could help put a smile on a weary soldier's face! :D

BTW, if this post isn't proper here and gets deleted or moved, I understand. Just trying to light a bit of a fire, as it were. Thanks! :cool:

Ken Salisbury
04-10-2004, 3:13 AM
BTW, if this post isn't proper here and gets deleted or moved, I understand. Just trying to light a bit of a fire, as it were. Thanks! :cool:

No Problem John ! !

John Miliunas
04-10-2004, 9:25 AM
No Problem John ! !

Thanks, Ken! Now, if we can just get some of these guys and gals away from the cheese platter long enough to..... :D

Come on, people! I'm an hour away from the Woodcraft, but I'll be there! By the end of the day, you'll be tired, you may have sore feet, your back might hurt a bit. If you're like me, you'll have your fingers crusted up with CA glue and finish remnants and marks left on your face from the safety glasses/helmet. :rolleyes: BUT, after all that, you'll get to go home to your families, home cooking, your chair in front of the tube and settle in to a nice, cozy bed. :D Best of all, you'll do all this knowing that you have helped some guys and gals thousands of miles away from here, have just a little brighter day themselves! NO, I'm NOT trying to lay any guilt trips here! I'm just trying to make an appeal to those who think they "might" want to give us a hand. If, for whatever reason, you don't feel compelled to do so, that's fine too. This is a voluntary project and not "required" by or for anyone. Nor are the politics of "why" our men and women there at issue here. The simple fact is, they ARE there and the DO appreciate any support we can show for THEM as individuals!

Thanks for your time in checking this out and, if you feel I've "threaded" on you, feel free to flame me privately via email. :cool:
(at5vette@execpc.com )