PDA

View Full Version : Lake Tahoe outdoors places to get married

Craig D Peltier
05-25-2008, 11:13 AM
I have been to lake tahoe but not in maybe 6 or 7 years. Ive been about 4 times.Id like to get married in August, this is one of the places I was thinking of.
Vegas was another but too cheasy for me even if it is at the i.e. venetian , plus they charge alot for not very much.Just the thought of saying "im getting married in vegas" reminds me of drive thrus chapels etc.
My wedding would be very small if in tahoe. Maybe 10-20 people.
If anyone knows of a site to look at or some names of some pretty outdoor areas there let me know.
Another destination is costa rica, dont need any help there, have been enough to know. If anyones likes a luxury place check out Villa Caletas there. Its amazing. Its about 10 miles from the Marriot Los Suenos but a world apart in privacy etc.

Thanks

Keith Pitman
05-25-2008, 1:54 PM
I have a friend who found a JP to meet them at Emerald Bay (California side) a few years ago. I'm not sure how they found the official, but with the internet and a few telephone calls, it shouldn't be too hard.

Mike Henderson
05-25-2008, 3:15 PM
I don't know of any places but want to congratulate you on your upcoming nuptials and wish you and your future spouse the all the happiness in the world.

Mike

Jim Becker
05-25-2008, 7:55 PM
Craig, I also cannot help you with Tahoe, but Professor Dr. SWMBO and I did a similar thing in Nancy's Secret Garden down in Key West back in 2001. 35 people (including 11 kids) and it was absolutely wonderful. "Big" weddings are highly over rated, offer little for the bride and groom outside of angst and break the bank with money that could go to better things. Small, intimate ones are so relaxing and enjoyable. Go for it!

David G Baker
05-25-2008, 9:22 PM
Craig,
Not sure if they are all over the Tahoe area like they are in Reno or Las Vegas but you should be able to find a wedding chapel in the area by doing a yellow page search for the area. You will need to get a license so keep in mind you have to catch the County Clerk on a work day.
I did a Reno around 30 years ago, wish I had done a Reno divorce, could have saved me a "TON" of $.
Congrats and good luck.

Craig D Peltier
05-26-2008, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the responses. I have been professionaly engaged for about 18 months now:D Its time. Looked all over eastern Massachusetts and couldnt find a place I loved via friends and internet. Im originally from there.

Thank you for the congrats as well!

Joe Pelonio
05-26-2008, 4:16 PM
Craig,

We used to go to Tahoe many times a year when we lived in the Bay Area, and I always thought that it would be great to charter a boat for a wedding, there are plenty of them available large enough for your group.

The beach at Sand Harbor (Nevada) would be great but it's very crowded. I think it had a group area, don't know how you'd reserve it, probably Nevada State Parks.

Probably the easiest thing for you though, would be to rent a nice vacation cabin with enough land to set up chairs, and even have a place for guests to stay. We used to rent one in Homewood that would have had plenty of space for a wedding under the trees, but I'm sure you could find one with water views or a private beach.

David G Baker
05-26-2008, 5:18 PM
To me Tahoe is one of the most beautiful lakes on earth. The water is or was crystal clear and at one time you could see a long distance down into the water but I think with all of the pollution in the area the visibility has faded quite a bit. A great place for a wedding or just to visit. The Ponderosa Ranch is in the area and a place to put on your list to visit.

Craig D Peltier
05-26-2008, 7:04 PM
Craig,

We used to go to Tahoe many times a year when we lived in the Bay Area, and I always thought that it would be great to charter a boat for a wedding, there are plenty of them available large enough for your group.

The beach at Sand Harbor (Nevada) would be great but it's very crowded. I think it had a group area, don't know how you'd reserve it, probably Nevada State Parks.

Probably the easiest thing for you though, would be to rent a nice vacation cabin with enough land to set up chairs, and even have a place for guests to stay. We used to rent one in Homewood that would have had plenty of space for a wedding under the trees, but I'm sure you could find one with water views or a private beach.

Joe some good ideas. Thanks

Ben Grunow
05-26-2008, 10:20 PM
wifes uncle has a place called Gar Woods with a nice pier. I have seen weedings where the bride arrives on a nice old wood boat and the marriage happens at the end of the pier with the reception at Gar Woods (slightly above average prices for great food/view).

Tom Turner is the owner.

Justin Leiwig
05-28-2008, 8:20 AM
I know you said that vegas is cheesy, but there are weddings that are arranged through vegas chapels that take you out of the city into the redrock canyons. You can get married at sunrise, sunset, or anytime you like. It makes for a beautiful natural backdrop, plus you can still enjoy vegas for your honeymoon.

I voted for the beach at sunset when I got married. I got vetoed on that one so I wore the monkey suit in front of 300 people in a church.

Joe D'Attilio
05-28-2008, 9:23 AM
Hey Craig,

I actually have a palce in mind, if you like to travel...

We were married July, last year in Vermont. We wnated to keep things small, like you and found a gold mine of an escape. 15-20 guests.

The quaint bed and breakfast is in Chester Vermont.
Park Light Inn

http://www.parklightinn.com/

We planned for a nice quiet wedding with Dinner. we got the bonus they made breakfast, dinne for 2 days, the whole dinner was italian-buffet style. And the food is all homemade on-site. Breakfast was contiental + fresh fruit, eggs, pancakes, home fries, coffee tea....Wedding dinner consisted of salad, pasta, suasage and peppers, meatballs, and after that 2 pans of lasagna( No one even had room for the lasagna we had to take it with us).

The ceremony was exceptionally breath taking - The only thing you need to do is hire a photographer. Everythig else can be arranged. (ALthough if you wer elooknig for a large reception and dancing, I beleive you can arrange but we opted for quiet family time.

The Inn has just been fully remodeled. Not to mention it is in a quiet small town with little shops, and plenty of sites to see while your there - and don't forget to get some cheese and maple syrup!

Sorry for the ramble but everything was picture perfect.

Jack and Jo-Ann are the inn keepers, they were more than amazing. The We even had a chance to sit and chill with them and just shoot the shit -
the nicest people you could possibly meet...

Scott Shepherd
05-28-2008, 9:29 AM
What about taking the Gondola up at Heavenly and find a nice place that overlooks the entire lake, rather than being down at the lake level? Just a thought.

What a beautiful place. Wish I was there now :)

Craig D Peltier
05-28-2008, 9:32 AM
Thanks for the link. I will send it to my fiance. We wouldnt mind getting married in New England. We looked around SE mass via my moms help and internet. Nothing looked really special. I like your idea. Im in to the outdoor thing.

Hey Craig,

I actually have a palce in mind, if you like to travel...

We were married July, last year in Vermont. We wnated to keep things small, like you and found a gold mine of an escape. 15-20 guests.

The quaint bed and breakfast is in Chester Vermont.
Park Light Inn

http://www.parklightinn.com/

We planned for a nice quiet wedding with Dinner. we got the bonus they made breakfast, dinne for 2 days, the whole dinner was italian-buffet style. And the food is all homemade on-site. Breakfast was contiental + fresh fruit, eggs, pancakes, home fries, coffee tea....Wedding dinner consisted of salad, pasta, suasage and peppers, meatballs, and after that 2 pans of lasagna( No one even had room for the lasagna we had to take it with us).

The ceremony was exceptionally breath taking - The only thing you need to do is hire a photographer. Everythig else can be arranged. (ALthough if you wer elooknig for a large reception and dancing, I beleive you can arrange but we opted for quiet family time.

The Inn has just been fully remodeled. Not to mention it is in a quiet small town with little shops, and plenty of sites to see while your there - and don't forget to get some cheese and maple syrup!

Sorry for the ramble but everything was picture perfect.

Jack and Jo-Ann are the inn keepers, they were more than amazing. The We even had a chance to sit and chill with them and just shoot the shit -
the nicest people you could possibly meet...

Craig D Peltier
05-28-2008, 9:36 AM
What about taking the Gondola up at Heavenly and find a nice place that overlooks the entire lake, rather than being down at the lake level? Just a thought.

What a beautiful place. Wish I was there now :)

I also love Tahoe. I always wanted to make a living there and live there year round. Now I can because I do woodworking but my finace is in technology so that wont work for now.
I found out last nite that Tahoe stimulates her memories to when she used to go there every for a week with her X for 15 yrs. So it wont be a good idea after all I guess.

Vegas was mentioned again about going to red rock canyons thats a nice idea.I did see that once , plus you can pretty much guarantee the weather will be nice. OR Very Hot..