PDA

View Full Version : popular retail items

Craig Hogarth
05-24-2008, 6:32 PM
For your retail items, what do you sell more of than anything, in both revenue and quantity?

A good portion of my revenue comes from marble, but I'd say that the majority of sales are from picture frames and flexibrass.

I'm just wondering what everyone else is doing.

Mike Null
05-26-2008, 7:20 AM
Craig

As a home based business, I have found that concentrating on commercial/institutional business is far more productive than retail. I charge a premium for retail work because of the inordinate amount of time it takes to deal with the customer.

I offer nothing specifically as a retail item.

Beth Page
05-26-2008, 11:03 AM
our best item is a 24" x 18" picture of the local carferry here, because our town is a total tourist town and everyone wants one to take home, we offer them framed and not framed but most people want them framed.

This holiday weekend i set up at the local flea market well i don't think i'll be doing that agian cause i didn't sell alot for a couple of reasons, one is that the place where the flea market is held is far away from downtown where all the tourist usually stay at, and another reason is that the flea market here is not like it used to be. I plan on setting up a stand at a couple of downtown activities that happen here throughout the summer.