PDA

View Full Version : Laser Engraving

Ralph Hebert Sr
04-09-2004, 7:12 PM
Greetings everyone....

I would like to ask some questions about laser engraving. I know nothing about it,
other then seeing a few finished products. I was totally blown away and would love to be able to do some of that !!!

Questions are......
what type of machine??
what brand machine??
what is the technique??
is it expensive ??( scared to ask that one ) :D
does it require a lot of skill???

Maybe just some links to the info would be good.

Thanks in advance for your assistance
Ralph

Keith Outten
04-10-2004, 6:09 AM
Greetings everyone....

I would like to ask some questions about laser engraving. I know nothing about it,
other then seeing a few finished products. I was totally blown away and would love to be able to do some of that !!!

Questions are......
what type of machine?? Laser Engraver
what brand machine?? Epilog, Universal, Pinacle, etc.
what is the technique?? There are hundreds
is it expensive ??( scared to ask that one ) :D Between 10 to 20 thoudand dollars U.S.
does it require a lot of skill??? Average graphics and computer skills will do
Maybe just some links to the info would be good.

Ralph,

I suggest that you cruise the Laser Woodworking Forum and read as many messages as you can, then start visiting the web sites of the majot laser manufacturers. There is a wealth of information on the Internet which is good but sorting it all out is a major project. Those who have been through the shopping phase of purchasing a machine will tell you it is very difficult to make a selection.

Once you are totally confused you will then have some very detailed questions and hopefully we can help you make some sense of it all. It's like buying a house, there are so many choices to make you need a list.

I don't have a list of manufacturers but you can start with;

http:www.epiloglaser.com
http://www.ulsinc.com

Ralph Hebert Sr
04-10-2004, 7:02 PM
Keith......
Thank Ya Sir !! Appreciate the info, and i will do

Ralph

Keith Outten
04-13-2004, 5:10 AM
Ralph,

Contact Mike Wallis as he has just finished shopping for his new laser engraver. Since Mike has just placed an order he has information on the newest models and current pricing. I'm sure he contacted all the major manufacturers and could be a big help.