PDA

View Full Version : JET Customer Service . . . .

Steven DeMars
05-23-2008, 2:24 PM
Since everyone is quick to complain about poor service, it is only fair to rave about great service . . . .

My wife & I have two JET MINI VS. We recently noticed the chrome flaking off of the hand wheel on one of them. I called JET Customer Service . . . .

2 days later VIA FedEx a new one arrived with new set screws . . .

Glad to it worked out that way since I just received a JET Jointer/Planer Combo unit and it still has cosmoline on it . . . . working on a rolling stand . .:D

Warren Clemans
05-23-2008, 2:29 PM
Glad to hear it. I've had nothing but great service from Jet. They replaced the quill from my drill press (badly out of true) long after the warranty period ran out. It was bad from the start, and I should've called them right away, but never got around to it. That they were still willing to fix the problem says a lot about the company. Of course, they shouldn't have shipped that DP in the first place...

Matt Meiser
05-23-2008, 2:32 PM
Good news Steven. Make sure you post a review and pictures of the J/P.

Deck Reagan
05-23-2008, 4:24 PM
I completely agree that WMH Tool (Jet) has the best tech support and customer service I have found. These folks have bent over backwards for me on any problem or question I have had.

It has convinced me to buy WMH whenever possible.

Deck

Peter Quinn
05-23-2008, 5:02 PM
Yup, my one call in 5 years to WMH about a minor issue with my 66TS was returned minutes after I left a message by a knowledgeable tech willing to help get me back on line quick. Even better are all the calls I've never had to make.

Wish my experience with Delta was similar. Their answer seems to be "Oh, buy a new one, everything older than 20 minutes is obsolete!" Unfortunately many of the things they have made recently are substandard.

WMH, good tools AND good service? What more could one ask for?

Steven DeMars
05-23-2008, 5:30 PM
Yup, my one call in 5 years to WMH about a minor issue with my 66TS was returned minutes after I left a message by a knowledgeable tech willing to help get me back on line quick. Even better are all the calls I've never had to make.

Wish my experience with Delta was similar. Their answer seems to be "Oh, buy a new one, everything older than 20 minutes is obsolete!" Unfortunately many of the things they have made recently are substandard.

WMH, good tools AND good service? What more could one ask for?

Try a grinder that did not last but 5 minutes . . . . . The new improved DELTA at it's best . . . . .

Andy Pratt
05-25-2008, 4:47 PM
I've had a few issues that have come up (nothing serious) with my powermatic/jet tools and they have always fixed the problem quickly. I haven't always been able to work out the easiest solution on the phone, but they've never failed to offer replacement parts/repair free of charge as soon as we've reached an impasse on other possible solutions.