PDA

View Full Version : SoCal Tornadoes

glenn bradley
05-23-2008, 1:34 PM
And they say we have no weather here. California, in an effort to maintain it's status as the wackiest state in the nation (and its getting harder every year) decided to have tornadoes again:

This is a few blocks from my house. It picked up a tractor trailer, tossed it onto the freeway and knocked some choo-choo cars off the track. If you can sit through the opening commercial, there is some decent video here:

http://www.pe.com/video/index.html?nvid=248096

Joe Pelonio
05-23-2008, 2:27 PM
Geez, eathquakes, fire, flooding/slides. . .

What else could you possibly get down there? Locusts?

(We used to be in the Bay Area)

Dennis Peacock
05-23-2008, 2:48 PM
I don't like them twisters....no matter what state of the union they are in.

Nice pic!!!!

Jim Becker
05-23-2008, 3:02 PM
I'm very glad you were not in the path of that bugger! 'Saw the pictures on GMA this morning including the truck and choo-choo cars. Amazing. They interviewed the driver of a rig that was literally picked up and deposited elsewhere on the road...80,000 lbs and picked up like it was a feather. The most striking picture, however, was that of the kitchen table still set with a couple bowls...one of which was light-weight plastic. The house around it was literally gone. (Owner did survive, but with injuries after hanging on to the door handle of his car outside of the house)

Chris Padilla
05-23-2008, 3:03 PM
Tornadoes recently devastated the town of Windsor, Colorado. Windsor isn't too far from my undegrad: Colorado State University in Fort Collins. I have buddy who claimed a funnel cloud went right over his house!!