PDA

View Full Version : What Cabinet Design Software

Bart Goldberg
03-09-2003, 10:33 AM
I'm getting prepared to take on a fairly large cabinet building project and I'm interested if anyone has tried one of the commercial cabinet designing programs that are available. I happened to come across a 30 day trail version of something called easycab. It looks pretty sophisticated. Has anyone ever used it. Any experience with any other programs that you liked/didn't like?

Thanks
Bart

Paul Kunkel
03-09-2003, 1:15 PM
I use Decotech 3d. has premade + the ability to redimension and has appliences too. Pulsar software- don't have their web offhand.:(

Bobby Hatfield
03-09-2003, 2:48 PM
Deco Tech here also, very economical program for design of the looks of the cabs in 3d but lacking in detail for the construction of the cabinets themselves. I use the program for fitting the cabinet boxes in the room and to see how the room looks with cabinets set in where I put them. http://www.pulsarusa.com/ link for the Deco Tech program.

Paul Kunkel
03-09-2003, 3:04 PM
also with me Bobby. I figure it a given we already know how to make boxes:D It works nicely for me also as I print a cabinet list for the shop so's I can check 'em off as they get built.:confused: how fast we can lose our minds ya know!!

Bobby Hatfield
03-09-2003, 3:27 PM
Yeah Paul, I know about that mind thing, retired last day of December, I thought, didn't have sense enough to not bid on a job but thought another piece of equipment would be nice if I had a job to pay for it. Just got the bid for 96 feet of storage cabs.

Paul Kunkel
03-11-2003, 6:36 PM
:D