PDA

View Full Version : MinMax E-16 bandsaw, about to order one...

Gary Lee
05-23-2008, 9:05 AM
I have finally made a decision based on price, options, quality, and availability (the last one I have found out is a big factor). I will more than likely be ordering a MiniMax E-16 today. Is there anyone that wants to talk me out of it, and if so why? MiniMax came back with a price with delivery, residential and liftgate that was approx. $500 less than Laguna's LT16. I feel that they are very comparable with Laguna having an edge on motor, guides and tilting system. But $500 is $500.... Thanks for your input.

Jim Becker
05-23-2008, 9:20 AM
Welcome to SMC, Gary.

There are many happy Minimax and Laguna customers here are SMC. Either saw is a nice machine. There are also several threads here on the E16.

I can say honestly as a Minimax customer, that I've been more than pleased with their products, service and people. Enjoy your new band saw!

Ken Fitzgerald
05-23-2008, 9:23 AM
Gary,

When I was in the market for a b/s I was considering Laguna, Mini-Max and Agazzani. I exchanged emails with Mark Duginske and his reply "You can't go wrong with any of those."

I bought an MM-16.

Good luck!

Jim O'Dell
05-23-2008, 9:23 AM
How about someone to help push you over the edge??:D I've had the E16 for almost 3 years...has it been that long??? WOW. It sat unused while I got my shop up and running. I've only used it sparingly, but it is a nice machine for the money. The 2.5 HP motor has lots of power, and is very smooth. I haven't done any resaw with hardwood yet, but, but it took a perfect 3/32" X 3.5" tall slice off of a 2X4 with not a bit of adjustment to the fence with a 1/4" blade.
So did I talk you out of it??:rolleyes: Jim.

Ben Rafael
05-23-2008, 10:05 AM
I wasn't that impressed with the E-16, that's why I got the M16.

Gary Lee
05-23-2008, 10:12 AM
I would love to be able to step up to the MM16 or Laguna 16HD but I'm afraid it is not in the budget. I hope the E16 will suit my need for years to come.

Mike Weaver
05-23-2008, 12:28 PM
I would love to be able to step up to the MM16 or Laguna 16HD but I'm afraid it is not in the budget. I hope the E16 will suit my need for years to come.

Gary,
I'm sure it will! Enjoy & congrats!

-Mike
A Happy MM-16 owner

Ben Rafael
05-23-2008, 3:56 PM
I dont know what your budget is but the M16 has had a price drop recently.

Steve Clardy
05-23-2008, 6:58 PM
Perfectly happy with mine. ;)

I re sawed some 6" wide oak the other day, with a 1/4" blade :eek:

I just had one four foot piece to do, and was too lazy to install a wider blade.

Smooth as silk, tracked perfectly