PDA

View Full Version : Creeker visit

Charlie Plesums
05-22-2008, 11:12 AM
I was in southern New Jersey for a wedding last weekend, so my wife and I took the drive to Bucks County, north of Philadelphia, to meet Jim Becker.

He is even nicer in real-life than the guy I have known on multiple forums over the years - a delightful person. He no longer has the pony tail that characterized many of his earlier avitars, and I saw no sign of the tuxedo in his current avitar. His shop has a number of interesting features, especially the noise-proof room for dust collector and compressor, and he shares my addiction to MiniMax equipment.

But WARNING - don't let your spouse accompany you if he shows you his house. He built a gourmet kitchen in the old low-ceiling section of the house (how did he do it?). The cleverly designed addition to his house that was recently finished is better in person than on the "building for our future" blog. But worst of all, he showed us so many outstanding projects in his house that I am in trouble with Jenny - not enough of my pieces in our home. And Jim is a far better turner than I.

We took more of his time than we should have, but really enjoyed it.

John Thompson
05-22-2008, 4:53 PM
Thanks for posting Charlie. A very pleasant read to what appears to be a very pleasant man and one for all seasons. They don't appear to be popping up as frequently as once upon a time. :)

Regards...

Sarge.

Jim Becker
05-22-2008, 5:07 PM
Charlie, it was absolutely my pleasure for you and Jenny to visit! Sorry about the big jump in your "projects for the most important customer" list...LOL But remember, everything I do is for "us" while you do woodworking to help make your living. I can only wish for more time in the shop at this point as I have so many things that need to be built. In fact, I may need to stoop to buying a few things just because they can't wait.