PDA

View Full Version : And so it begins!!!

Brad Hammond
04-09-2004, 10:14 AM
here's a pic of the footing for my new shop and garage that we'll probably be framing the middle of the next week. i think the block guy can lay the whole thing tomorrow.
it's a 36x36 shop and a 28x28 garage with 2 12ft doors (the loml has already rubbed off 2 mirrors on her mustangs........lol...........gotta have big doors)
it'll have a gambrel roof so above the garage i'll have a 14x28 room and a 17x36 room above the shop. lots of storage.
another thing that i'm happy about is that the shop will have a subfloor. i hate walking around on concrete. took a while to save up for this thing so i'm more than tickled to get started.
oh yeah.............one other thing i'm excited about. a friend of mine is a contractor and has found some unfinished oak t&g hardwood for 80cents a foot!!!!!!!!!!!!! told him to hold me about 1500 ft, so i think it'll look GREAT!!
cya
thanx for looking!
brad

Rob Horton
04-09-2004, 10:17 AM
So this is basically a 'Gloat' post huh? :D Congrats on the new digs! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Robert Ducharme
04-09-2004, 11:31 AM
I don't know, I think your shop looks pretty good just as it is! ;) Think about it. You have perfect ventilation for sawdust and finishing fumes, lots of space and great lighting (during the day), easy to run trenches for power, no worries about hitting lights with panels, great place to air-dry wood, avoid need for heating/cooling, and definitely no need to worry about garage door sizes. :p

There might be a few down sides - need to put on a lot of t-9 to avoid rust, wind may grab panels, and flashlights are so inconvenient to use at night when working on a project. :D

I guess you better go with your current plan :rolleyes:

Jim Becker
04-09-2004, 12:22 PM
Oh, man...jealousy will be abounding from me and everyone else! I know I really look forward to following the progress of your shop construction from start to finish. Congratulations!

And I'm REALLY glad to hear you'll be able to do the wood floor in the shop. I long for that every time I walk into mine, but cannot deal with the complications that raising the floor even a few inches would entail to convert from the slightly sloped concrete to a nice wood floor.

Tyler Howell
04-09-2004, 12:32 PM
[QUOTE=Robert Ducharme]I don't know, I think your shop looks pretty good just as it is! ;) Think about it. You have perfect ventilation for sawdust and finishing fumes, lots of space and great lighting (during the day), easy to run trenches for power, no worries about hitting lights with panels, great place to air-dry wood, avoid need for heating/cooling, and definitely no need to worry about garage door sizes. :p

Robert LMAO:D

It's about time for an update from you! Do you get the mega veiw with your Garagemahal?

Looking like a start Brad. Keep us posted.

Brad Hammond
04-09-2004, 2:02 PM
thanx guys..........i'll post when we start the floor!!
cya
brad

Chris Padilla
04-09-2004, 2:31 PM
We want all the gory details, Brad. That looks like a choice piece of land to have some fun with...please keep us inundated with pics...we simply won't be able to get enough!! :)