PDA

View Full Version : WOW I WON SOMETHING from Teknatool!

Scott Hubl
05-22-2008, 1:20 AM
Wow I just got an Email from Teknatool,Congradulating me. http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yelloweek.gif

I filled out a survey on a new mini lathe they are developing and I guess I won a "Nova New Products Pack" Not sure what that is but there mailing it to me. http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowbiggrin.gif
Maybe everyone who filled it out gets it? I'm happy whatever it is even a Hat would be nice. http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowyes.gif

Thanks Teknatool! http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowbiggrin.gif

"Dear Scott

Thank you for completing our Mini Lathe Survey recently on our website. The information gathered from this survey has given Teknatool some insight into what the market wants from Nova.

We are contacting you to day to say Congratulations!! You are a Winner from our survey draw. You have won a
Nova New Products Pack , containing the latest new products released by Nova.

We are sending this out to you at the address given on your survey form.

We hope you enjoy your prize, and once again, thank you for your help in completing the survey.
Kind Regards
Alaina Swain
Teknatool International"

Ken Fitzgerald
05-22-2008, 2:07 AM
Congrats Scott! Let us know what it is when you get it.

Scott Hubl
05-22-2008, 2:37 AM
Thanks Ken,
God I WONDER what it will be?:confused::D
I looked for a "New Products" page on their website but did not find one.
I do see some real NICE products listed with a big RED word "NEW" by them.
One of those happens to be the Nova 1642-44 Lathe!:eek:
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p59/AmericanAndProud/shop.gif

There is 7 items listed with that RED "NEW" next to them.

NO WAY huh? I NEVER "won" anything by filling out a survey before.

Gotta be a hat and T shirt thing, right?:confused: ( still will be Happy with those.)
I think I'd FAINT if a Truck pulls up and drops off a Nova lathe!:eek:

Man I am Curious and will now be waiting by the mailbox until something arrives here, like a kid waiting for his X-Ray glasses from the back of a comic book. LOL:D

Raymond Overman
05-22-2008, 7:14 AM
I'm just posting to say... wait for it... "GREAT SCOTT!"

Scott Hubl
05-22-2008, 7:32 AM
I'm a waitin.

It's gotta be some type of t shirt, hat, and maybe the plastic 10 in 1 chuck gauge maybe their spanner wrench kinda "win" thing right? :confused:

They would have said more if it was a Major win like a lathes included no?

I'm just happy to have won SOMETHING, fun to speculate just what it will be, darn wish I knew when to even expect whatever it is.lol

Bernie Weishapl
05-22-2008, 11:27 AM
Congrats Scott. Can't wait to see what you got.

Paul Heely
05-22-2008, 12:46 PM
Somehow the great prize from "A Christmas Story" comes to mind here. Congrats and hope its better than a leg lamp.

--
Paul

David Drickhamer
05-22-2008, 12:51 PM
Congrats. It's always good to see someone does win these things. I just won a fleece back in february from Jet.
Dave

Bruce Pennell
05-22-2008, 1:00 PM
Way to go Scott enjoy what ever it is.....Congrats...Bruce

Steve Schlumpf
05-22-2008, 1:41 PM
Congrats Scott! Looking forward to finding out what it is!

Jeff Bower
05-22-2008, 4:09 PM
Somehow the great prize from "A Christmas Story" comes to mind here. Congrats and hope its better than a leg lamp.

--
Paul

It's a major award! Scott won a major award! F R A G I L E.....

Paul Heely
05-22-2008, 5:57 PM
That's right it was a major award. F R A G I L E, that's an Italian company right. :D

--
Paul

Ben Gastfriend
05-22-2008, 6:10 PM
I'm just posting to say... wait for it... "GREAT SCOTT!"

That's terrible, Ray. Ha!:D

Congrats, Scott. Keep us posted.

Jamie Cowan
05-22-2008, 6:23 PM

--
Paul
"'Fragile?' Must be Italian

Mike Minto
05-22-2008, 9:38 PM
Was just wondering if you ever got your prize pack? I received notification that I 'won' the same, earier today, and am wondering if it is for real, and if so, what the prizes are? Thanks for any info, Mike

Jim Becker
05-22-2008, 10:02 PM
Mike, he just posted about it today, so we'll all have to wait and see what shows up!

Doug Miller
05-23-2008, 12:08 AM
Very cool. I haven't seen anything from technatool in a couple of months so I guess I missed that survey. No matter, you're the winner. Congratulations!

Scott Hubl
05-23-2008, 2:10 AM
Thanks everyone.

Mike I just got mine too. ( gotta read them posts;)) lol

Well it looks as though Mike got the same email, so i'm now betting we did NOT win a lathe and all the toys with it.:(

But like I did say, a nice hat or t shirt or whatever is better than nothin.:D

Paul Douglass
05-23-2008, 9:18 AM
I did that survey, and bought one of their lathes the other day. I didn't win anything!:( Congrats guys, hope it is a nice prize!

Glenn Hodges
05-23-2008, 9:32 AM
I had the same thought about it might be a leg lamp, congratulations.

Raymond Overman
05-23-2008, 9:35 AM
I had the same thought about it might be a leg lamp, congratulations.

Hey, maybe it's Italian... frah-gee-lay

Congrats guys.

Allen Neighbors
05-23-2008, 9:34 PM
David, I didn't know 'getting fleeced' was winning. :D Sorry, just had to do this...

Mike Minto
05-25-2008, 7:15 PM
Jim, thanks for letting me know. I'd guess all the winners were probably notified on the same day, given that info. I received and email from Aliana of Teknatool today, in response to my query, and she tells me the following are in the pack - Dovetail chisel, 10-in-1 gauge, soft jaws, and the new spanner. Can't wait - now maybe I will be able to cut a decent dovetail, haha.

Mike Minto
06-05-2008, 7:05 PM
The goods arrived today - here's a photo of the lot! I'm attaching a couple of photos of my recent work. Been at it about 8 months now, using a Nova 1624-44. Bye for now! Mike

Paul Douglass
06-05-2008, 7:59 PM
Not bad for a freebie. I just got my Nova 1624-44 last week. I really am happy with it. At first the belt changing was awkward for me, but now it just keeps getting easier. I went fro a VS to manual belt change, was very skeptical, but now I am not sorry.

Nice turnings, by the way. Really like the light grayish colored one. Is it dyed?

Mike Minto
06-05-2008, 8:33 PM
Yeah, never won anything of any consequence in my life - not that this is major, but I did get quite a thrill winning something useful for my hobby. The gray one is natural, an ambrosia maple hollow form. Kinda looks like a little girl's face with a wisp of hair hanging down, my wife says. You never know what beauty and surprises lurk in a piece of wood. Enjoy your 1624-44!

Paul Douglass
06-06-2008, 9:47 PM
To the gentleman that sent me a private message regarding my Nova. I replied but after I sent the replay i cleaned out my message files. After everything was gone, I got an error message. I do not know if my reply got sent. If you don't get it. message me again and I well go at it again. Sorry,

Scott Hubl
06-11-2008, 4:37 AM
Congrats Mike, Yup mine also arrived too, same thing as you got.

Sure was nice to win anything at all.:D

Now I have doubles of them lol.

Mike Minto
06-12-2008, 12:42 PM
Hello, eBay, if you don't need those dupes! I got lucky with this happening just prior to my buying 3 of the 4! Mike:)