PDA

View Full Version : I think I paid too much...

Rick Gifford
05-21-2008, 5:31 PM

DeWALT Heavy-Duty 5-3/8" 18V Cordless Trim Saw DW936 (this image is off the net)

Found one of these at our church yardsale. In its metal carrying case, two blades. Battery shot (I just happen to have three new 18V batteries bought $40 each, normally over $80... but thats another story).

Put a new charged battery on and it runs solid as he said it would.

They got me for $5 for the saw.

Ouch. :D

Hey, I let the guy that donated the saw price it... I wasn't gonna complain!

heh heh.. just a small gloat. I love getting tools on the cheap.

Shawn Honeychurch
05-21-2008, 5:40 PM
You was robbed, no wait, you was the robber. :D

Jude Tuliszewski
05-21-2008, 5:55 PM
Gota love those church yard sales. Most times, people drop stuff off without giving a price point and the helpers are forced to wing it (not in this case so all is fair). Nice score.

Peter Quinn
05-21-2008, 6:26 PM
Are you saying you stole from GOD? You knew the saw was worth more and lowballed GOD? Perhaps he was testing you?

If you get a note soon instructing you to begin construction of an ARK please post that information here immediately!:D:D That will also explain the low price.

Congrats. Nice tool find!

PS...some where in the congration there is a man asking "Honey, have you seen my cordless skill saw lately?"

Carl Fox
05-21-2008, 7:59 PM
PS...some where in the congration there is a man asking "Honey, have you seen my cordless skill saw lately?"

"You know the one. I borrowed it from your brother. He just bought it for $200 and I said I would get it back to him in a week. He really needs it for his new job."

Norman Pyles
05-21-2008, 11:03 PM
Nice score.:cool::cool:

Steven Hardy
05-21-2008, 11:54 PM
I would say that the deal you got was finding the batteries cheap.I have 3 cordless drills that are worthless (in their present state)because they ask too much for replacement batteries. Two batteries=same price as new drill,case,2 new batteries.

Rick Gifford
05-22-2008, 7:49 PM
The batteries were a great deal. I have had my Dewalt 18V Hammer drill out of commission because the battery was shot and I wont pay $80+ for one new battery. But my neighbor got a deal on a small pile of these batteries and hooked me up. I'm good to go once again.