PDA

View Full Version : New Tool after a 5 year wait - gloat warning

Jim Underwood
05-21-2008, 4:22 PM
I've been chauffeured to work each morning for the last five years. Finally convinced the wife that I needed a truck, after the youngest officially took over the Civic (title, insurance, gas and all). I supposed I should vacuum all the woodchips out of it in gratitude....:D

Here's the new wood hauler. It's probably home sitting in the driveway as I type this.

Paul Heely
05-21-2008, 4:25 PM
Congratulations! That's a great gloat. Leave the wood chips, gives it character :)

--
Paul

curtis rosche
05-21-2008, 4:28 PM
now you need to "break" it,,,,,,,, in that is, with way to much wood.

Steve Schlumpf
05-21-2008, 5:09 PM
Congrats Jim! A truck has always been a must have vehicle for me - just never know when you have to haul something!

Ken Fitzgerald
05-21-2008, 7:45 PM
Congrats Jim! That looks like a fine vehicle! I got my first one after the last kid left home. Prior to that it was sedans and SUVs. Now my wife wonders how we ever got by without a truck.

Jim Underwood
05-21-2008, 8:38 PM
Thanks.

You know the funny thing is that my wife has always said she didn't like trucks. Thought they were "redneck" vehicles, she did...

Then she found a deal on this one with low mileage and ever'thin. She thinks I look good in it... And now she's excited about it.

She even wanted to take a ride in it tonight. So we did the redneck thing and went to Walmart to buy an air filter.:rolleyes::cool:

:) I'm happy. Now I can haul the trash, and the lathe, and the wood, and the Christmas tree... And I have a ride to work, and at work.

curtis rosche
05-21-2008, 8:44 PM
you should have her take a ride in a ford lightning with the supercharger, definatley not a redneck truck

Gary Herrmann
05-21-2008, 9:29 PM
Don't forget the yosemite sam mudflaps!

Says another truck owner. They are sooooo handy.

The truck, not the flaps.

Richard Madison
05-21-2008, 9:38 PM
Jim,
Happy new truck! Best not let your wife drive it. Mine would not drive a car if we had one, cause she loves her truck, and the one before that, and the one before that.

Steven DeMars
05-21-2008, 9:56 PM
Very nice truck . . . .

Now start selling some projects for gas money . . . . I believe a beautiful chest of drawers should be good for a fill-up . . . .

or . . . . .

You could put some 2" X 12" 's in the back along the sides for seats and you could "chauffeur" about a dozen "undocumented workers" to the chicken plant everyday . . . . $ 5.00 each . . . just trying to help with the cost of gas . . .

Jokes aside, don't do like me . . . I have owned several trucks in my lifetime, and it never fails, someone talks me into hauling something that always tears up my bed or bends the rails . . .:)

Again, good looking truck . . . I currently have a 1996 "American Made " Nissan . . .

Bernie Weishapl
05-21-2008, 10:24 PM
Congrats on the new truck Jim. Enjoy.