PDA

View Full Version : Unadvertised Bessey Sale

Rich Konopka
05-21-2008, 4:09 PM
Hello All. I just got back from my local Woodcraft store in Manchester CT and they had a good sale on Bessey K-Body clamps. They have an unadvertised special in store only of 24 and 40 inch clamps at 25% off. There is a whole big pallet right by the front door and they are nicely packaged in pairs. The 24" are 26.99 each and 40" are 37.99. The fellow at Woodcraft said the sale is on until they run out. He also seemed to think that the other Woodcrafts are also participating. Considering that everything else is going up in price and the weak dollar these fine German clamps are a good deal.

Any one else strike on this deal?

Pat Germain
05-21-2008, 4:31 PM
I was at my local Woodcraft last weekend. They had a bin of Bessey clamps on sale just as you describe, Rich. However, there was also a pallet of them in another area. The sales rep told me the clamps on the pallet were for some kind of other upcoming sale where the details were yet to be released.

So, I'm confused. Word has it Bessey is releasing a new model soon and will be clearing out the old versions, which are still very good clamps.

Danny Thompson
05-21-2008, 4:36 PM
My guess is that since Lowes decided to discontinue them, Bessey has an overrun. Just a guess, though.

Jerome Hanby
05-21-2008, 4:46 PM
I don't think it so much discontinuing them as they are getting ready for the new style. On their website you can find Bessey's with a not avail until xxx disclaimer...

My guess is that since Lowes decided to discontinue them, Bessey has an overrun. Just a guess, though.

Peter Quinn
05-21-2008, 6:42 PM
Sure wish I had extra cash right now Rich cause that Manchester store is the same one I go to. I love the K-bodies too. Ever take a class at the school there?

Thanks for the heads up.

Rich Konopka
05-21-2008, 6:55 PM
Sure wish I had extra cash right now Rich cause that Manchester store is the same one I go to. I love the K-bodies too. Ever take a class at the school there?

Thanks for the heads up.

yes, I have and Bob is a great instructor. I met Garret hack there as well. Real fine gentleman. I am tempted to head back tomorrow for a few more.
:D:eek::D:eek::eek:

John Keeton
05-21-2008, 8:58 PM
The owner of the new Woodcraft in our area said that Woodcraft purchased all remaining inventory of the existing Bessey clamps, and will be offering them at discount through their franchisees beginning in June. He purchased 4 pallets for his grand opening.

This is probably why Lowe's had reduced their price on existing stock knowing that Woodcraft had made the buy.

James White
05-21-2008, 10:03 PM
I was wondering since Lowes is big on Irwin if they may be switching over to that brand.

James

Norman Pyles
05-21-2008, 11:05 PM
You never know with Lowes. It's all good for us though.

Alan Schaffter
05-22-2008, 1:16 AM
But it will never beat the unadvertised specials and Bessey feeding frenzies of 5 or 6 years ago when, first Sears, then HD was selling them for 1/2 to 2/3 off!!! I never paid over $15 dollars for any of my 24", 30", or 40" Besseys! :):):)

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/data/500/medium/P5280049.JPG

Mike Cutler
05-22-2008, 5:26 AM
Rich

The store in Warwick RI. has them on sale also. Those clamps are all over the store.

The Manchester store is a nicely run store. Nice folks working there also. I've bought some of my machines there. Jointer,planer, drum sander.
They also get some really nice exotic wood in there too. If you're wondering where all of that curly peruvian walnut, movique, and macassar ebony went.......:D

John Keeton
05-22-2008, 6:30 AM
Alan, I like your clamp cart, simple and mobile. It also avoids the hand slam if you pick up one and it isn't tight.

Paul Johnstone
05-22-2008, 11:44 AM
But it will never beat the unadvertised specials and Bessey feeding frenzies of 5 or 6 years ago when, first Sears, then HD was selling them for 1/2 to 2/3 off!!! I never paid over $15 dollars for any of my 24", 30", or 40" Besseys! :):):)

Yes, that feeding frenzy was hillarious.. .. I only got about 8 of them from that event after scouring the entire town, but it was a fun scavenger hunt that got me hooked on Besseys..

tom holton
05-22-2008, 1:25 PM
There is indeed a new design, check out Lowes item below.
Bessey
12" K-Body Parallel Clamp
Item #: 271268 Model: K3.512

Search Lowes for Bessey K body and the ones with the New Lower Price are now listed at "Original Style"

Tom

Dave Lehnert
05-22-2008, 6:46 PM
There is indeed a new design, check out Lowes item below.
Bessey
12" K-Body Parallel Clamp
Item #: 271268 Model: K3.512

Search Lowes for Bessey K body and the ones with the New Lower Price are now listed at "Original Style"

Tom
HOLY COW!!!! a new style 12" clamp item #: 271268 is $45.29.

tom holton
05-22-2008, 7:36 PM
my thought exactly...

tom

Paul Johnstone
05-23-2008, 1:20 PM
HOLY COW!!!! a new style 12" clamp item #: 271268 is $45.29.

Wow.. considering you could get the original 24" on sale for as low as $22-25 sometimes, that is just crazy..

Maybe they are hoping to get a lot of money from people coming out to get the latest and greatest thing immediately...