PDA

View Full Version : another picture

Art kraft
05-20-2008, 9:32 PM
Found this rare highly figured goncalo alves floor vase on an old hard drive. 7" sg X24"T.

Steve Schlumpf
05-20-2008, 11:55 PM
Art - that is some amazing wood! Interesting design, nice joinery and I really like the overall size!

curtis rosche
05-21-2008, 7:21 AM
thats an interseting peice. nice new pictures steve you look old

Jim Becker
05-21-2008, 9:00 AM
I had to think about that description for a moment...like when were hard drives made of wood? LOL (Oh...the picture was on the old hard drive... :) )

Very nice work Art. A great combination of techniques in one piece.

Steve Schlumpf
05-21-2008, 10:12 AM
Thank you for that observation Curtis! :eek::eek::eek: LOL :D

Bernie Weishapl
05-21-2008, 11:45 AM

Leave it to the kids Steve.:D;):rolleyes::cool: LOL.

Great looking piece Art. That is really different.

Bruce Pennell
05-21-2008, 12:34 PM
Curtis, Steve didn't tell you what caused that problem.....turning burls; should happen to you in a year or so. 16 to 60 overnight...just wait for the gray...:eek:......:D
Thanks for the picture neat piece!

Geoff Hanha
05-21-2008, 2:30 PM
Steve i do a good hitman, send m a little bit of wood and ill take the little buggar out.:D Glad im only 20 if i get to 21 he might have ago at me.:eek:
Nice turning the joints don't look bad, i like this piece, if it were to be tapered would look even better. Geoff...Steve forget the wood, just point me in his direction:D

curtis rosche
05-21-2008, 4:51 PM
im just having a little fun, you guys know that right, i just want to make sure.

i dont think it was the burls that did it for him, i think it was all of those awsome HF he has done and all the stress trying to make them and making them look so good

curtis rosche
05-21-2008, 4:53 PM
oh yeah, and bye the way geoff, like one of my girlfriends father said, you might want a chiar and a snickers bar cause you would have your hands full, for a while:p:D

Geoff Hanha
05-21-2008, 5:04 PM
oh yeah, and bye the way geoff, like one of my girlfriends father said, you might want a chiar and a snickers bar cause you would have your hands full, for a while:p:D

My hands are always full Curtis:p Im a big boy with little hands:rolleyes::D