PDA

View Full Version : Daylight Savings Time

Todd Burch
04-08-2004, 8:17 PM
is alive and well everywhere, except HRO!!!

Frank Pellow
04-08-2004, 8:21 PM
The province of Saskatchewan, where I am this week, does not switch to daylight savings time.

Michael Ballent
04-10-2004, 2:06 AM
Nor does Arizona... Makes for interesting times that meetings get scheduled with the folks back east :D

Tyler Howell
04-10-2004, 9:12 AM
is alive and well everywhere, except HRO!!!
Sorry Todd, Too much northern air. What is HRO:confused: I sprung ahead and still haven't caught up yet.

Todd Burch
04-10-2004, 9:18 AM
HRO is Hampton Roads Online - Keith's company that hosts SawMillCreek. I was trying to make the point that the server's clock had not been adjusted to daylight savings time as of yet when I posted.

(and still hasn't!)

Jason Roehl
04-10-2004, 10:46 AM
The province of Saskatchewan, where I am this week, does not switch to daylight savings time.

Indiana doesn't either (I'm GLAD!!). I hate having to mess with all the clocks in my house and vehicles twice a year. Some idiot state legislator submits a bill every session to switch to DST, but it gets beat every time, thankfully. Guess there's a little common sense in this state!
:D

Jason Roehl
04-10-2004, 10:49 AM
HRO is Hampton Roads Online - Keith's company that hosts SawMillCreek. I was trying to make the point that the server's clock had not been adjusted to daylight savings time as of yet when I posted.

(and still hasn't!)

Todd, you need to go to your user control panel/options to set your local time zone (mine is GMT -0500), and set whether DST is on or off. Then SMC will display all message postings and current time in your local time.

Wolf Kiessling
04-10-2004, 2:28 PM
Indiana doesn't either (I'm GLAD!!). I hate having to mess with all the clocks in my house and vehicles twice a year. Some idiot state legislator submits a bill every session to switch to DST, but it gets beat every time, thankfully. Guess there's a little common sense in this state!
:D

I'm with you 100 percent, Jason

I HATE DST

I say that every chance I get. That is the one (and probably only) thing I liked about living in Indiana, didn't have to mess around changing the clocks twice a year.

Todd Burch
04-10-2004, 3:36 PM
Jason, thanks for the tip, I had not thought of that, but it is set correctly: GMT+6 & automatically detect DST.

Todd Burch
04-10-2004, 3:37 PM
Well, would you look at that. It's working properly now... Woo-Hoo!!!

Jim DeLaney
04-10-2004, 5:46 PM
Well, would you look at that. It's working properly now... Woo-Hoo!!!

Interestingly, mine was an hour off, too. I went to 'my profile' and verified the settings were correct, and when I left that screen, all of a sudden the time was correct.

Seems like maybe HRO's software didn't detect the 'automatic DSL correction' for some of us...