PDA

View Full Version : What heat press?

Jim Griffith
05-20-2008, 8:25 PM
I used the search feature and came up with a lot of different information on presses folks are using, but nothing that really got to the nuts and bolts, so here goes...

We have a 15x15 clamshell that is on its last legs, we are going to repair it but want to purchase another press. Due to the fact that it wont get a ton of use and we are watching our pennies... but we would like to have a swing-away so are looking at the Hix Swingman 15x15. It seems to be economically priced for what you are getting. Does anyone have any experience with this unit, good or bad that they are willing to share?

Thanks!

Jamie Cowan
05-21-2008, 1:13 AM
I have a swing away Insta that I've used since the 1980s. Works great, weighs a ton. Used to get used a ton, now only occasionally. Did 11 shirts today with it. As for Hix, I have one of their cap presses. Not as much use, and haven't used it in 15 years (embroider hats now), but that press was always good too. Not really an answer to your question, but there it is. Personally, I'd be saving up for one of those new ink jet t-shirt printers if the heat press gave out. Big money right now, though.

Doug Bergstrom
05-21-2008, 7:57 AM
I have not used the hix but we use a knight DK20 which is excellent. There service is great and ours gets a ton of use. We also have there cap press work works great as well.

Jim Griffith
05-23-2008, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the responses! I think we will give it a go!

Mike Null
05-23-2008, 5:22 PM
Let me second the Insta comment. Mine is a pneumatic about 8 years old and hasn't missed a lick.