PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy PM 208 planer knife gauge tool?

Craig D Peltier
05-20-2008, 1:34 PM
Today I went on powermatics website looking for a planer knife gauge for my 20" planer model 208. The part is $2.06 the shipping is $20. My only choice for shipping, thats a rip off.
Anyone know of a place i.e maybe woodcraft that could order it for me or carry one without such a steep shipping cost.

Thanks

Peter Quinn
05-20-2008, 2:36 PM
Try calling Powermatic directly. The web site sends everything UPS. You might be able to get a human to route it USPS and save some money. Between PM and Delta's shipping charges I can't decide which is worse, but some of it has to do with the automated ordering system I think.

Greg Cole
05-20-2008, 2:44 PM
Craig,
Order it from your local Powermatic rep. Might take a wee bit longer to get in comparison to buying it directly, but the local rep should have be able to get it shipped consolidated with other items/orders.
IF ya have someone 'round town that sells Powermatic....
HTH.
Greg

Craig D Peltier
05-20-2008, 8:15 PM
Thanks Greg. I will try a local supplier.

Craig D Peltier
05-20-2008, 8:18 PM
Try calling Powermatic directly. The web site sends everything UPS. You might be able to get a human to route it USPS and save some money. Between PM and Delta's shipping charges I can't decide which is worse, but some of it has to do with the automated ordering system I think.

Thanks Peter. I may go this route.