PDA

View Full Version : the day before Christmas...

Rasmus Petersen
05-20-2008, 1:43 AM
I keep getting reminded how it was when i was a kid just before Christmas....

the Waiting is a killer.... Placed my order for the White Lady yesterday she will be arriving tomorrow (with friends)

One Brand sparkling new 3520B , one Jet BS18 and the jet combi disk and belt sander

Bandsaw wont arrive for a few weeks, but the Lathe will be here tomorrow !!!!!
:D:eek::eek::D:eek::D:cool:

So today will be spent smiling and disassembeling the blue china horror...

Will post Picīs when it arrives....

Scott Hubl
05-20-2008, 2:13 AM
COOL,

CONGRATS, I have seen her all dressed in White, kinda like a Bride in her gown. She looks pretty in white too.

ENJOY the new tools and use them wisely.

As with most new young brides she will be a little nervous, be gentle.

Bruce Pennell
05-20-2008, 9:55 AM
Rasmus enjoy your new toy's, what a haul. Christmas came early at your house this year. You are going to be so impressed with the new lathe. Power lots of power.....enjoy Bruce:D
Waiting is the worst. Rasmus check out the Woodworking channel (http://www.woodworkingchannel.com/dolphin/vidego_video_library.php) for Nick Cooks video on turning 1200 pound log on two 3520b's. It's listed under Misc. lots of other video's under AAW.

Rasmus Petersen
05-20-2008, 9:57 AM
Bruce : I saw the nick cook video (WOW) amazing power in the 3520 and i am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to making shavings to fill the workshop....

Steve Schlumpf
05-20-2008, 10:02 AM
Rasmus - Congrats!! Looking forward to seeing your new lathe!

Rasmus Petersen
05-20-2008, 10:03 AM
I know no pictures then it didnt happen... i will post LOTS of pix

Paul Douglass
05-20-2008, 10:14 AM
Congrats, I feel yoou pain. I ordered a Nova 1624 yesterday. Now I have to wait and worst of all I have to tell my wife!!:eek:

Bruce Pennell
05-20-2008, 10:34 AM
Rasmus I used a feed shovel the other day to clean up the shavings. My Grandson stopped by, put him on my Delta and me on the PM. Filled two 55 gal trash bags only had three days of shavings.....we had broomed the shavings out twice before we picked up the pile. It didn't look that huge, I had some old dust collector cloth bags laying around you could barely pick them up. In the video I just love the end when Nick hop's in the pile of shavings. Have lots of fun with your new toy's, Merry Christmas...Bruce

Rasmus Petersen
05-20-2008, 10:42 AM
I have som realy big mapel, som special stuff chinse waterpine and some gigantic oak pices.. Shavings galore.....

Let the count down begin now less than 22 hours.. some time just past noon tomorrow...

Bernie Weishapl
05-20-2008, 10:47 AM
Rasmus congrats on the new machines. Can't wait to see some big maple off it.