PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Tool Kudos

Kevin Davis
05-19-2008, 6:13 PM
Like with sports, you learn a lot about the character of someone or a business when they lose or things don’t work out. After much research on bandsaws, I went with the B-20 from Agazanni through Eagle Tools (ww.eagle-tools.com). A beautiful saw. Jesse at Eagle Tools was both professional and knowledgeable and one of the main reasons I went with it over the Laguna. Jesse ships the saws out lying down in what I would call a coffin. This thing is bomb proof but not water proof. Here is where the story begins, FedEx Freight is the carrier. They deliver the saw on time and prompt. There were no external damages noted on the crate. Delivery accepted. Once I got the coffin opened, hello water. The inside of the crate was damp and the water on the plastic was dripping and of course the rust set in. I was crushed. Jesse said to call FedEx and file a claim. FedEx sent out an inspector 4 days later. The saw was now dry but the rust was growing. FedEx said that unless I could prove that the damage would negatively affect the saw or that I could prove that it was dry when they picked it up at Eagle Tools, I was out of luck. This is where Eagle Tools shined. Jesse said I could clean up the rust, he would compensate me for my time and also extend the warranty or send it back on his dime and he would send out a new one on his dime. I went with the latter which I am sure was the most costly option to Jesse. The cost of the freight to and fro plus the inspection process they do on the saws before shipping them had to be more than their profit. That is the kind of company Eagle Tool is and why I would recommend them to anyone as I am a customer for life. Time to test drive my new baby!

Dick Sylvan
05-19-2008, 6:34 PM
I think I would ask him to ship using someone other than FedEx. Sounds like they simply said "TS" to you. Did you show them your pictures?

Peter Quinn
05-19-2008, 6:36 PM
Sound like good people over there at Eagle. That's pretty stand up business. How do you like the saw?

Kevin Davis
05-19-2008, 6:44 PM
Yes. But in the words of FedEx, prove it was us.

Kevin Davis
05-19-2008, 6:45 PM
It took me a few days to find 3 young backs to help me. I hope to test drive it tonight when the kids are asleep.

Don Bullock
05-19-2008, 11:09 PM
Kevin,
I'm glad to hear that Jesse came through for you. He's a fantastic person as well as a great businessman. Jesse and Ricky both provided service that was well above what should be "expected" and far beyond what others offered for the same machine. I have Mark Singer to thank for recommending them. My next "high priced" tool will come from them as well.

John Hedges
05-19-2008, 11:22 PM
I also got a B20 from Eagle tools and I wholeheartedly echo your sentiments about the experience. A fantastic product backed by and great seller. Cant go wrong with that combo.

Jamie Cowan
05-20-2008, 10:21 AM
Fedex is the worst. I only deal with them with small stuff, and never by my choice. I lave to leave a note with detailed instructions about leaving the package taped to my front door, or I'll end up having to go out of my way to the distribution center. Years ago (I was a teenager) I worked in a mall, and a fedex delivery guy came in and told us to come to the loading dock to get a package. He didn't want to carry it to our store. No hand truck. Useless. Also had the water damage problem once. They must have a delivery route that goes through the middle of a lake. Never had a problem with UPS. Love UPS.

Ken Fitzgerald
05-20-2008, 10:27 AM
Jamie,

Delivery people, in this case Fedex Freight, are just like any other professions...some good some bad. The Fedex Freight guy that delivered my MM-16 couldn't back his truck to my shop due to the overhang on my house. He lowered the 500+lb. b/s and crate down at the street and moved it using a pallet jack, 100 feet from the street to my shop. When the gravel became a problem, my neighbor and I moved 3 sheets of 1/2" plywood for him to roll the pallet jack and it's load on.

Ben Rafael
05-20-2008, 10:35 AM
I only hear good things about Eagle tools.
Fedex on the other hand...I've had too many problems with them and avoid them whenever possible. I order much from woodcraft and Unfortunately they use Fedex.
The worst was when they said they delivered something to me and I never got it. They claimed I was lying. I contacted woodcraft and lo and behold a few hours later the item was delivered to me. The Fedex driver had lied about delivering it to me. I guess he wanted the item for himself.

Mark Singer
05-20-2008, 10:38 AM
I have the very same Agazanni saw for many years and love it! Jesse has been great and I have purchased many tools from him over the years. He really checks out the stuff before it goes out. That makes a huge difference.