PDA

View Full Version : what do I order for incra fence on sawstop?

Jim Barstow
05-19-2008, 1:44 PM
I'm about to order my sawstop and called woodpeck to find out exactly what I needed to order (and not order) on the saw if I wanted to use an incra fence. I also asked what incra fence pieces to order from them if I wanted the 32" inch capacity. (I use a festool for ripping sheet goods.)

They were very friendly but not very helpful. She said there was no extension table to fit the saw stop and that I'd have to measure and they'd send me a quote for a custom table. Is this true because I thought I'd read in other posts that they were very accomodating to the sawstop.

If anyone can provide me with a list of what to order (or not order) I'd appreciate it.

Jerome Hanby
05-19-2008, 1:56 PM
From the Incra web site:

Will the INCRA TS-LS fit on my table saw?
The INCRA TS-LS will fit directly on just about
any standard 10" table saw without any drilling, tapping or modifications. There are only two
things you need to check to make sure that it
will fit on your saw:1. Length of miter gauge slot (front to back distance of table) If this measurement is between 27" and 28" (standard for most 10" table saws),
the INCRA TS-LS will fit on your saw. If this measurement is less than 27"
or more than 28", let us know and we will quickly send you customized
base support bars for a very nominal charge.2. Holes in front and back edges of table surface If your table saw has at least
two holes on the front edge and two holes on the back edge of the table,
then the INCRA TS-LS will install directly on your table. Hole locations and diameter are completely unimportant because INCRA's universal rail
mounting brackets will work with any hole pattern.I couldn't find specs on the Sawstop site, but from the Woodpecker site:

For you SAWSTOP owners, we can customize your Incra TS LS to fit on that saw for only $31.90. That includes a longer fence and support base to accommodate the 30” size of your saw table. Simply mention this in the comments section of your web order or call 800-752-0725.Looks like the Sawstop table is two inches too wide for the Stock Incra, $31.90 doesn't seem like a bad up charge for whatever adapting gizmo they've worked out. Woodpecker has a great reputation, so I bet the solution is high quality.

T. Scott Nalley
05-19-2008, 1:56 PM
Hi Jim,

I just ordered one for mine that is on the way. I went to Incra's website and found out about thier new direct order website at www.incramentaltools.com (http://www.incramentaltools.com) . I am not sure it this counts as a gloat or not, but I ordered the 72" ts-ls and they sent the 92" ts-ls. I called them and asked them if they wanted me to send the rails back and they said to go ahead and keep them. The shipping was really fast, I ordered them in the evening on the 6th and I had it on the 12th. You just need to select the XL saw option for an additional $35 to get it for the sawstop.

Scott

Jerome Hanby
05-19-2008, 1:58 PM
Nice link, newer than one I was looking at!

Hi Jim,

I just ordered one for mine that is on the way. I went to Incra's website and found out about thier new direct order website at www.incramentaltools.com (http://www.incramentaltools.com) . I am not sure it this counts as a gloat or not, but I ordered the 72" ts-ls and they sent the 92" ts-ls. I called them and asked them if they wanted me to send the rails back and they said to go ahead and keep them. The shipping was really fast, I ordered them in the evening on the 6th and I had it on the 12th. You just need to select the XL saw option for an additional $35 to get it for the sawstop.

Scott

jason lambert
05-19-2008, 3:50 PM
They just include a longer plate I think i just got one for my sawstop and I can't see anything added I think they just have a longer cross piece. Anyhow the basic LS system in the length you need just specify it is for a sawstop. Great fence you won't be disappointed.

Also when I was assembling mind I needed to get screws to fit the saw stop table taps the incra fence didn't come with the right ones and they tell ou to put on 2 supporting brackes on each side in the generic instruction but it comes with 3 and the SS has holes for 3 so I would just out on all 3. Hopes this helps a bit.

Jerry Booher
05-19-2008, 6:07 PM
I had a Delta Professional with an Incra TS-LS with 72" rails. I sold it and bought a SawStop without rails and fence. I needed to order an Incra longer bridge and fence for the 30" SawStop.

I also wanted longer rails so I now have 91" rails. They are perfect for the SawStop 52" table extension (it is really only 30 x 40) on the right. That leaves about a foot for the router table on the left. I am not quite finished building the router table/cabinet.

The saw is long (over 8') and looking beautiful!

Jerry

Dave Bureau
05-19-2008, 6:23 PM
I just installed the incra fence on my sawstop today. I have a 52" sawstop extention. 0rdered from the incra website. I got the XL option for sawstop. It has a longer plate and a longer fence. The tapped holes in the table saw are metric. I ran a 5/16 tap through so you can use the incra bolts. I also ordered minus the legs because my extention has the legs. It gives you 6 brackets to mount on the saw in case you have to cut for the guard. you dont have to cut for the guard on the sawstop so I used the 2 extra brackets on my extention table. I had to drill a hole in each bracket to fit the extention. Its solid as a rock. the only difference between the 32 and 52 is the length of the rails.
Dave

Scott Rollins
05-19-2008, 9:07 PM
The standard 32" LS-TS will fit with a little rigging, but for approx $60 from incra you can get the longer bridge and longer fence. Which I recommed. I opted for this and use the fence and bridge for jigs. Its always useful to have aluminum extrusion around. Also the standard 24-32 router table from woodpeck.com will fit nicely between the rails of the LS-TS. Also, If you slide the 32" rails over to the right as far as they will go the LS-TS will give you a 48.5" cut to the right of the blade.