PDA

View Full Version : Xenetech Laser Engraving Speeds and Power Settings Table

Keith Outten
05-19-2008, 12:02 PM
Attached is a file that Xenetech sent me, it is a table that contains their recommended speed/power/dpi/ settings for their product line by model and power supply sizes for many material types.

I hope this will help some of you who have had to get up and running from scratch.

Larry Hannan
05-19-2008, 2:52 PM
Thank's Keith
Larry

Don Necaise
05-19-2008, 5:41 PM
Thanks Keith that helps a lot

Don Necaise
05-19-2008, 5:46 PM
Keith
I've had my xenetech 13x25 xlt for abou 8 months and never been showed how to change the dpi on different jobs in xenetech program. Is ther any way you can explain that to me?
Thanks alot

Keith Outten
05-20-2008, 6:19 AM
Don,

We have a Xenetech 1325 XLT 60 watt at CNU that we purchased about 18 months ago. I have never used the Xenetech software, I always use the print driver from Corel Draw so I can't help with the settings in the Xenetech software. I will take a look sometime today to see if I can find their software print settings, it might come in handy down the road.

Even though I have been using the Xenetech for 18 months I tend to do the same type of work every day, basically Corian door signs and rarely use other materials. I did see on their chart that our machine will vector cut Corian, I'm going to give it a try today to see what king of cut quality it will produce. I have both 1/2" and 1/4" thick Corian to experiment with, if the cuts are clean I can see a huge benefit for us at CNU as I am often required to make items from lasermax that would be better quality if made from Corian.

melanie adams
05-20-2008, 10:59 PM
Don,
Changing the DPI when using Xenetech is very easy.
1. Send the job to the laser by pressing F1
2. Press the Avanced button at the bottom right of the F1 Dialog screen
3. Adjust your Text output resolution (DPI) by clicking the Left (down) or right (up) arrows

Good Luck!

Melanie

Roy Brewer
05-20-2008, 11:21 PM
....how to change the dpi on different jobs in xenetech program...Don,

File>To Engraver
This brings up the Laser Engraver Setup dialog. At the top of this dialog there is only one pulldown in the menu bar: Setup Dialog
Setup Dialog>Advanced Laser Setup
Modify the field labeled:
"Text Output Resolution"

Heads up: until after you've regularly used this, you'll think it is greyed out and therefore not selectable. Instead, XGW wants you to use the arrows on the end of the input field which will cycle through the available resolutions(1000, 500,333, 250 and a few more down) instead of allowing you to potentially key in an unsupported DPI setting.

Don't be confused by the "text" output resolution; this will be the resolution of *everything* except bitmaps which will be lasered based on their internal DPI (unless you change the Cutter Size).

If you haven't used resolution in all this time, you're probably in for some other pleasant surprises in these dialogs. Click the help button in any dialog for an explanation of the features.

Keith Outten
05-21-2008, 12:20 AM
A short update on vector cutting Corian.

I was able to vector cut 1/4" Corian in one pass today using the following settings on our XLT 1325-60 watt. 100 power / 200 ppi / 0.05 ips
The cut quality was pretty good, not as smooth as acrylic but acceptable.

I also was able to cut 1/2" thick Corian but the quality of the cut was unacceptable. It took several passes and left a very ragged burned edge. I contacted Xenetech tech support to find out how they derived the settings they provided in their table but the technician I spoke with wasn't familiar with Corian settings. I asked if he would have Bill, the guy who developed the table, contact me so we could discuss his technique but he hasn't returned my call yet.

As soon as Bill gets back with me I will share what I have learned.

Scott Shepherd
05-21-2008, 11:55 AM
I've had too many issues with tables like this that I've given up on them completely. Just a recent example, I was doing some Satin Silver AlumaMark and on the AlumaMark website, it said a power of about 30, speed of 80. I use that and the mark is brown, which according to them, is a sign of overburning. I bump the power all the way down to 16 to get a solid, rich black color, along with bumping the speed up to 100.

Now, take that same example from the table from Xenetech and at 60 watts (i'm at 45), it's saying 60% power.

I just don't get how everyone posts numbers that high and my numbers are so low to get the mark to look right.

That's been my experience over and over and over. Enough that I've stopped using them and just start from scratch on everything.