PDA

View Full Version : Powermatic 90 (1963)

alan burke
05-19-2008, 10:35 AM
As this is my first post I'd like to say Hi to everyone. I have recently purchased a powermatic 90 lathe, and am in need of parts for it. It has a three phase 220 motor that hasn't been checked yet for operation, what's missing is a tool rest assembly. Also the tail stock lead screw has worn threads, and needs to be replaced. Anyone know where these items may be found? Thanks.

Scott Loven
05-19-2008, 10:40 AM
Keep an eye on ebay, I picked-up some parts for mine there.

Scott

Bruce Pennell
05-19-2008, 11:15 AM
Alan did you buy the PM 90 that was on Tucson CL? Just wondering, there was one listed for $400 I saw last week. If not you might want to look the guy up, he said he was very motivated and up for offers....Bruce

Ron Ainge
05-19-2008, 5:02 PM
You can pick up a tool rest on ebay most of the time, but you can also order one form a good woodworking store like Craft Supply, Woodcraft or Rocklers. I had the threads in the tail stock remade by one of the guys in my club that also does metal lathe work. They drill out the female portion and put an insert in it then turn the left hand threads in it. the harder part for them was getting the threads right on the male end of it. When I got it back it worked like it was new out of the box. I hope this helped and I know you will have many fun days on that lathe.

Art kraft
05-19-2008, 8:21 PM
I love the old heavy equipment. Learned to turn on that machine in HS a long time ago. Have fun.