PDA

View Full Version : showing photos from a pc on a tv

Joe Melton
05-18-2008, 4:44 PM
Can I connect a laptop with an S-video port to a tv with an S-video port with an S-video cable and show photos on the tv?
I tried this with nothing showing up on the tv. The laptop has Windoz XP and the tv is an HD Sanyo.
Thanks,
Joe

Lance Norris
05-18-2008, 5:00 PM
Can I connect a laptop with an S-video port to a tv with an S-video port with an S-video cable and show photos on the tv?
I tried this with nothing showing up on the tv. The laptop has Windoz XP and the tv is an HD Sanyo.
Thanks,
Joe

Joe... you can. You will have to find out if everything is setup correctly. Your laptop may not be outputting anything to the S-video output unless its in "presentation" or "projector" mode.

Jeffrey Makiel
05-18-2008, 11:14 PM
Joe...make sure the TV "input" is set to S-Video. This is usually done thru the TV's onscreen menu via the TV's remote control.
-Jeff :)

Joe Melton
05-19-2008, 9:43 AM
What finally worked was to press the "FN" key and the "F4" key at the same time.
Maybe this will be of help to other list members who want to do this.
Thanks,
Joe

Lee Schierer
05-19-2008, 11:22 AM
I just make up a CD and run it in my DVD player.

Larry Browning
05-19-2008, 11:38 AM
What finally worked was to press the "FN" key and the "F4" key at the same time.
Maybe this will be of help to other list members who want to do this.
Thanks,
Joe

Joe,
The particular key combination is different for different brands of laptops. However, I think most use FN-F4. All this does is switch the video output to the various outputs available on your laptop. By pressing it multiple times you will get different combinations of your output. For instance you can have the output sent to the s-video AND the laptop screen at the same time.