PDA

View Full Version : Corel Draw find & replace

James Stokes
05-18-2008, 4:08 PM
Does any one use find & replace in Corel Draw? I have been trying to figure it out but I can not get it to work. I have tried to find fills or outline properties and I can not get it to find anything.

Peter Meacham
05-18-2008, 5:56 PM
James - what kind of problems are you having? I just found and replaced the fill color in a rectangle with no issues.

Pete

James Stokes
05-18-2008, 7:45 PM
I have an image of a snake I need to engrave, I have a couple thousand curves in the image. I need to increase the thickness of the lines.Some lines are black, some white and some gray. The lines are all differant thicknesses. Allso the colors are panatone. The blacks are not true blacks. I need to be able to widen all lines evenly, & change the Panatones to RGB.

Scott Shepherd
05-18-2008, 7:59 PM
James, I didn't have any issues either. I colored some things Pantone colors, used the find and replace with them and it worked. I then had 100's of lines and changed them to a different thickness as well.

Care to put the image up? (I understand reasons why you might not).

Peter Meacham
05-18-2008, 8:11 PM
James

It appears to me that lines are findable and changeable based on thickness. Can you do a little test using a couple of lines and go through the find/replace wizard to see if it will do as you want. Can you send the file to me to try?

Pete

Dee Gallo
05-18-2008, 8:18 PM
This may seem simplistic, but why can't you just select all (control-A), select a line width, right click on black and left click on no fill?

Dee Gallo
05-18-2008, 8:25 PM
[QUOTE=J....I need to increase the thickness of the lines.Some lines are black, some white and some gray. The lines are all differant thicknesses... [/QUOTE]

I just re-read your post - do you mean you want to thicken all lines proportionately? Sorry if I misunderstood -

James Stokes
05-18-2008, 8:32 PM
Yes everything has to stay proportional.
The image is for a new logo, The customer is extremelly protective of it at this moment. He would not want anyone to see it yet. But thanks for the offers.

James Stokes
05-18-2008, 9:29 PM
I have managed to get part of it done, I did get the lines to thicken. Now if I can just get the color to change.