PDA

View Full Version : Mounting a PC7529 Router on a Rosseau phenolic base

James Carmichael
04-08-2004, 1:22 AM
I'm trying to mount my PC7529 Plunge on the Rosseau 3509 plate. Has anyone done this? It looks like the Rosseau's is opening is too big, 4". The only through holes in the PC base are the ones the template guide adapter mount to, which take the #10x24 machine screws included with the Rosseau plate. These three holes are 3 1/2" apart. When I align and mark on the plate, I would be drilling right on the edge of the plate opening. Even if I could get the holes drilled, there wouldn't be room for a countersink.

I'll try calling Rosseau tomorrow, just thought someone might have tried this combination.

Thanks,

James

Mark Mazzo
04-08-2004, 9:03 AM
James,

I don't have the PC7529 but I do have the Rosseau plate. I think that you are looking at the wrong holes. I'm not sure from your description if you are doing this, but you actually should be removing the router plastic sub-base and using those holes to mount the Rosseau plate. The existing screws may work, or you may need to get longer ones.

Hope this helps.

-- Mark

James Carmichael
04-08-2004, 9:27 AM
James,

I don't have the PC7529 but I do have the Rosseau plate. I think that you are looking at the wrong holes. I'm not sure from your description if you are doing this, but you actually should be removing the router plastic sub-base and using those holes to mount the Rosseau plate. The existing screws may work, or you may need to get longer ones.

Hope this helps.

-- Mark

Yes, I did remove the plastic base. That makes some sense as those holes would be spaced farther apart, but doesn't seem like it would provide a very rigid mount. The screws should fit, everything in the PC base is #10x24.

Ken Miller
04-08-2004, 9:30 AM
I have both the 7529 and the rousseau mounting plate and while it has been a few years and I'm not at home right now to look at it, you can mount it using the longer screws pc provides you with. (they use a shorter screw to mount the sub base) I was able to countersink the hole which ended up being very, very close to the red insert ring of the plate but it worked. If I remeber correctly, on the bottom of the pc there is more than one set of holes that you could use to mount the plate but I may be wrong on that.

Daniel Rabinovitz
04-08-2004, 4:39 PM
James
First off - I have the 7539 mounted to a Rousseau plate.
Second - Did you get the centering pin and small round plate to line up the Rousseau plate with the centerline of the router.
Don't answer that - just get the set from Rousseau or Woodcrafter's or somewhere.
Third - The edge (that's the edge) of my FH machine screws are approximately 1/2 inch away from the large (red) ring. To the edge of the screw head - that is. To the edge of the countersink - that is.
Daniel :cool:

James Carmichael
04-08-2004, 5:01 PM
James
First off - I have the 7539 mounted to a Rousseau plate.
Second - Did you get the centering pin and small round plate to line up the Rousseau plate with the centerline of the router.
Don't answer that - just get the set from Rousseau or Woodcrafter's or somewhere.
Third - The edge (that's the edge) of my FH machine screws are approximately 1/2 inch away from the large (red) ring. To the edge of the screw head - that is. To the edge of the countersink - that is.
Daniel :cool:

Been lookin for one of those, Daniel, can't find em anywhere.