PDA

View Full Version : There was a SawStop in my driveway....

Joe Mioux
05-17-2008, 10:52 PM
but it had to go away this past Tuesday. the tractor/trailer was backed into my driveway, the driver opened the door, but... we could not retrieve the saw and bring it down to earth. (it was purchased on 24-April-2008)

Prior to this viewing, it had resided only twenty miles away from my house for the past 2 plus weeks.

but it had to backtrack 60 miles, get unloaded on some loading dock and then....

On Friday, it reappeared.....

Lots to tell about this story.... and it is still unfolding.

suffice it to say..... I am now the proud owner of a SawStop.

joe

Jim O'Dell
05-17-2008, 11:03 PM
I'd say congrats, but then the picture police would call foul, and my congrats would be nullified...so I'll resist and wait for the proof. :cool: Jim.

Ken Fitzgerald
05-17-2008, 11:41 PM
I'd say congrats, but then the picture police would call foul, and my congrats would be nullified...so I'll resist and wait for the proof. :cool: Jim.

The photo cop retired recently....he was getting lax anyway.

Congrats Joe!

Jim O'Dell
05-18-2008, 12:06 AM

Congrats Joe!

I thought that was just from his pay, er..., I mean day job? :D I mean If I retired, spent a week moving and had to take a vacation to Mexico to get over it, I'd be lax too!! :eek: Jim.

Joe Mioux
05-18-2008, 5:12 AM

Congrats Joe!

You mods were not paying him enough! lol

joe

Jim Becker
05-18-2008, 10:08 AM
Joe...I still don't believe you have a SS in your shop. There is absolutely NO evidence of the same in this thread... :D :D :D (Congrats anyway)

Mike Heidrick
05-18-2008, 11:33 AM
Oh boy, IL woodshops just got a little blacker. Welcome to the club. It will be worth the work! Tell us the story!!

Scott Vigder
05-18-2008, 11:37 AM
Joe...I still don't believe you have a SS in your shop. There is absolutely NO evidence of the same in this thread... :D :D :D (Congrats anyway)

Jim, would a picture of the delivery truck in his driveway suffice? :rolleyes:

Ken Fitzgerald
05-18-2008, 12:08 PM
Jim, would a picture of the delivery truck in his driveway suffice? :rolleyes:

Only if it showed the Sawstop being lowered to the ground on a lift gate with his shop in the background.

Of course further proof would require showing him setting up the Sawstop in his shop and the photo would have to include 3 witnesses holding photo ids.:D

Rich Konopka
05-18-2008, 7:04 PM
Joe,

You better hurry there was already one Pic Police post. Congrat's on the SS and post up some pics soon.

Don Bullock
05-18-2008, 9:23 PM
Hey Joe, we need pictures!:D

Peter Quinn
05-18-2008, 9:30 PM
Perhaps you should have ordered a camera first?:D:D:D

Doug Shepard
05-18-2008, 9:56 PM
No F-stop == No SawStop :D:D

Joe Mioux
05-18-2008, 10:13 PM
I just walked inside the house, after spending the day out in garage finishing up assembly of my new table saw. I also spent the rest of the day cleaning the cast iron on the MM16 and FS30 ( yea I know that sounds a bit prentious, forgive me), but the BS has been setting near my garage door all winter and has been dripped on a few too many times.

I didn't fully appreciate the comments about the SS's fit and finish until I was setting this thing up.

If you guys think the euro stuff is well engineered, you really need to see the SS.

From the box to the instruction manual, this is the best and most complete woodworking tool I have ever purchased.

The box was not cardboard, it was made of a custom made pallet for the saw, 1/4 inch ply with 1x2 framming for the box, 2x4 structural "beams" for the top, so the accessories could ride on top of the saw.

Plastic wrapped = twice.

No cosmoline, but some sort of oil that was really easy to wipe off.

CI top almost a mirror finish.

door locks, top notch.

the glide of the sawblade going up and down and 90 d to 45 d is absolutely effortless.

cutting ..... unbelievable! so smooth and quiet.

the icing on the cake.... the mobile unit. It is well worth the $300. It is a hydraulic lift that you pump up to raise the unit.

I promise pics will happen.

joe

Kelly C. Hanna
05-18-2008, 11:19 PM
Sounds nice....congrats!

Mark Singer
05-18-2008, 11:35 PM
IT IS a fine machine and enjoy it!

Joe Jensen
05-18-2008, 11:50 PM
I just walked inside the house, after spending the day out in garage finishing up assembly of my new table saw. I also spent the rest of the day cleaning the cast iron on the MM16 and FS30 ( yea I know that sounds a bit prentious, forgive me), but the BS has been setting near my garage door all winter and has been dripped on a few too many times.

I didn't fully appreciate the comments about the SS's fit and finish until I was setting this thing up.

If you guys think the euro stuff is well engineered, you really need to see the SS.

From the box to the instruction manual, this is the best and most complete woodworking tool I have ever purchased.

The box was not cardboard, it was made of a custom made pallet for the saw, 1/4 inch ply with 1x2 framming for the box, 2x4 structural "beams" for the top, so the accessories could ride on top of the saw.

Plastic wrapped = twice.

No cosmoline, but some sort of oil that was really easy to wipe off.

CI top almost a mirror finish.

door locks, top notch.

the glide of the sawblade going up and down and 90 d to 45 d is absolutely effortless.

cutting ..... unbelievable! so smooth and quiet.

the icing on the cake.... the mobile unit. It is well worth the $300. It is a hydraulic lift that you pump up to raise the unit.

I promise pics will happen.

joe

I have to agree. I was shocked when I opened my crate. I can't imagine anything that they could have done better with respect to fit, finish, and packaging.

I bought a TS aligner kit (had a dial indicator), and I settled into make all the adjustments. EVERY SINGLE ADJUSTMENT was dead on when I checked it, right out of the crate. I don't know if they are adjusting them in the factory in Taiwan, or when they arrive in Portand. I've read from several other posters that their's were dead on as well...joe

Bruce Page
05-19-2008, 8:35 PM
Congrats Joe! Very sweet indeed.
It's about time for a new shop tour, isn't it?