PDA

View Full Version : Charleston, South Carolina

Robert Flowers
05-17-2008, 7:53 PM
We are going to Charleston the second week of june for 4 days,does anybody know of any dealers,shops or flea markets that have tools? Down here in middle Georgia its hard to find tools that are any good.
I'm looking for planes,saws,and a brace.
Thanks
Robert

Casey Gooding
05-17-2008, 8:23 PM
Robert,
I lived in Charleston for five years. There's a Woodcraft. Other than that, not too much. There's a big flea market in Goose Creek, exit 203. There are also a few Antique malls in Mt. Pleasant that I occasionally found OK buys at.
Have fun. It's a great town!!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss it terribly!!

Ray Sheley
05-17-2008, 8:44 PM
My Sweetie's oldest lives in Charleston, so I get down fairly frequently, and I've never found a reasonably priced vintage tool down there. Never have made the Goose creek flea either though, so maybe.

Good eating spots all over, enjoy. But I will add whenever we visit David, we also find an excuse to cruise to Savanah to visit The Lady and Son's.

Jim Holman
05-18-2008, 10:56 AM
Robert,

I am a life long (40) year dealer collector. Drop me an email and we can get together while you are in Charleston. I am in Ridgeville, 25 miles north of Charleston and I have a ton of user quality tools. Give me some idea of what you are looking for. Don't bother with the Coastal Carolina flea market, it is a dry hole.

John Timberlake
05-18-2008, 9:18 PM
If your are interested in furniture, go to the Heyward-Washington House through the Charleston Museum. Don't know of any tool stores.