PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip,

Tyler Howell
04-07-2004, 10:55 PM
Headed out about 0930DST to traverse the heart of Packer land on Sunday April 4th. I had a meeting in Chicago on Monday and wanted to stop in and see my youngest, finishing school in Milwaukee. A slight detour took me to the new home and shop of Creeker John Millinus In Spring Green, WI.
In that country you can’t help but be inspired to create something awesome. A perfect day for a road trip the hills and valleys are a sight to see.
John’s got all the right stuff, in a nicely appointed shop to make some serious saw dust.
I met his charming family and was treated to hordouvors of what else……cheese and crackers.
Took a lot of mental notes and a few pix. John had me arguing all the way to Milwaukee about which cabinet saw to buy, and I was the only one in my truck.
He made the Cheese inspired platter a gift, which is now in a place of honor in my new kitchen. See SMC thread. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?threadid=6741 (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?threadid=6741)
I’ve done the right thing and invited myself to other Creekers’ shops for a look see.
Best way to learn is to modal success.
Thanks John. You all come visit sometime yah hear!!

John Miliunas
04-08-2004, 12:08 AM
Tyler, you're *always* welcome here! Thanks for posting the pic, but more so, for the great visit! Had a blast! Yeah, take in as many shop tours as you can! Much can be learned and, at least for me, the actual "hands on" physical approach has always worked better. :cool:

Dennis Peacock
04-08-2004, 1:43 AM
Gee......BOTH of you are "real" people.!!! :)

And all this time I just thought you both were just some Creeker that only existed in Cyber Space.!! :D

Glad to see to "way up North" Creekers meet and get to visit. Shoot, If'en it weren't so fur a travel, I'd even come for a visit. Like Tyler always says....we are "neighbors".!!!! :D

Congrats to the BOTH of you for the visit and getting to meet in person.! That is always a nice special time.

Glenn Clabo
04-08-2004, 6:02 AM
Hey Tyler...I love your hairstyle!

And John...Sorry that you have to have that stuff on your head. It much take time away from the shop.

Dave Anderson NH
04-08-2004, 6:30 AM
Now there's a pair that would beat a full house.:D Road trips are great fun and usually a good source of shop ideas. I was in Alabama on business last fall and had a great time visiting our own Ken Salisbury. I've managed to meet lots of woodworking folks over the years from assorted internet forums and have yet to have a bad time or regret the meet. Most often my only regret has been having to leave and get on with whatever brought me to an area. Heck, I've even got Doug and Ben from Shepherd Tool staying with me as houseguests Friday and Saturday nites this weekend.

Tyler Howell
04-08-2004, 6:33 AM

And John...Sorry that you have to have that stuff on your head. It much take time away from the shop.

Thanks Glenn, What's that line about no grass grows on a busy streat?? It don't grow on concrete either. I was looking at my main man John, It's all his!!!

John Miliunas
04-08-2004, 7:36 AM

That's not really hair. It's the roots from the cobwebs growing on the inside! :D :cool:

Mark Singer
04-08-2004, 8:31 AM
I love the picture! Great smiles from two great friends I met here on SMC....I wish I was a little closer so I could drive up...I am kind of jealous in a way . It is beautiful here ...I guess I 'll come visit when the snow melts ...Definitly two "real" people!!!

Tyler Howell
04-08-2004, 8:58 AM
I love the picture! Great smiles from two great friends I met here on SMC....I wish I was a little closer so I could drive up...I am kind of jealous in a way . It is beautiful here ...I guess I 'll come visit when the snow melts ...Definitly two "real" people!!!

Watch it Mark, May have to come visit you! I have Out Laws down that way. Also planning another sailing trip in your part of the world. I'll be flying down so can I barrow the Poarche? Thanks We move at a different pace up here but you are always welcome.

John Miliunas
04-08-2004, 9:08 AM

OK Mark...You're ON! The snow is long gone, but in all fairness, we still get a bit chilly every now and again, sometimes right on through May. Still, everything is starting to turn green again and the daylight getting longer. It's really pretty country and you're welcome to visit *anytime*, though I'm sure you'd be more comfy in shorts and sleeveless shirt! Give that another month or so. :cool:

Bill Grumbine
04-08-2004, 9:19 AM
Well all I can say is that John wasn't doing a proper job if you debated about which saw to buy instead of debating which LATHE to buy Tyler! We will get you yet!

So when are you going to be making a trip out this way? We have a picnic coming up in July you know. ;)

By the way, I'm with Glenn on the hairdo. All the right people are sporting one like that. :p

Bill

Aaron Koehl
04-08-2004, 9:51 AM
Hey Tyler... who's that in your avatar? :D

_Aaron_

Chris Padilla
04-08-2004, 9:58 AM
Ah!! FINALLY...REAL PICTURES!!!

Now, I say it is time that both of you update your avatars!! I've attached both here so use 'em!!! :D

John Miliunas
04-08-2004, 10:35 AM
Ah!! FINALLY...REAL PICTURES!!!

Now, I say it is time that both of you update your avatars!! I've attached both here so use 'em!!! :D

There! 'Ya happy now?! :D :cool:

Chris Padilla
04-08-2004, 11:09 AM
My, my, my, John...you are a handsome one! ;)

Waymon Campbell
04-08-2004, 11:10 AM
Boy, you two in the same shop is a scary thought!!!

Tom Sweeney
04-08-2004, 11:20 AM
Not sure if it's just me but you two characters look like a fun pair to hang out with. I'm with the other guys - neither of your avatars do you justice - I was trying to figure out who the two guys in the picture were :D .

Glad you had a good visit - & the two of you ought to try & figure out how to get out east to do the 5 barns picnic.

Tyler you could head down to the Chesapeake after the picnic - but you'd have to make do with my dad's 28' Sea Ray - you know the kind of boat that actually moves whether or not there is wind ;) or we could just stick to the jet ski's - they're a real blast.

John Miliunas
04-08-2004, 11:31 AM
My, my, my, John...you are a handsome one! ;)

Chris, thanks, but me thinks you need to check with Tyler about getting that corrective surgery.... :D Thanks for doctoring up the pics for avatars! :cool:

Robert Ducharme
04-08-2004, 12:29 PM
Aren't those two pictures the third and fourth one from the left on the Post Office wall? :D

John Miliunas
04-08-2004, 12:43 PM
Aren't those two pictures the third and fourth one from the left on the Post Office wall? :D

What! Hey, I just finally got up to the #2 spot last week! Did they move that Dale guy ahead of me again?! :D :cool:

Tyler Howell
04-08-2004, 2:41 PM
Thanks for all your........:rolleyes: support. (You should have seen JM's shocked look when I intro-ed myself on Sunday.)
I admit the avatar is 4 years old and many......many pounds ago. but consider the source. That pix was taken by a pro in Sun Valley, one of my favorite places in the world.

There's enough there to identify me in a ticket line at the WW show or in a police line up! My hands were warm and the smile was genuine. Now for you it is that smart aleck from MN. When I see it. It reminds me of that wonderful week in Idaho with 3000 of my closest friends. being close to a brilliant goddess on skis (she's one of the fastest women skiers in the Great Lakes region), and very smart.:cool::cool::cool:
So is the avatar for you??? or me????
I'll consider changing it. But for the time being:D:D

Tyler
Knowledge Is Power

John Miliunas
04-08-2004, 2:54 PM
'Ya know, Tyler, maybe if you'd have worn your cap with the ear flaps, it might portray a closer resemblence! :D And, it don't look nuttin' like the pic in the post office! I think that one's older yet! :D I know it ain't sayin' much, but that happens to be one of the better shots of yours truly! Maybe 'cuz I was having as much fun as you. Plus, I'm usually on the business end of a camera. You know....Want to avoid giving the Feds anything real recent and all that.... :D :cool:

Tyler Howell
04-08-2004, 3:27 PM
'Ya know, Tyler, maybe if you'd have worn your cap with the ear flaps, it might portray a closer resemblence! :D And, it don't look nuttin' like the pic in the post office! I think that one's older yet! :D I know it ain't sayin' much, but that happens to be one of the better shots of yours truly! Maybe 'cuz I was having as much fun as you. Plus, I'm usually on the business end of a camera. You know....Want to avoid giving the Feds anything real recent and all that.... :D :cool:

John with saw dust in our teeth we all got smiles. I think you were just eyeballing that little infered remote that makes the camara go flash! :D

Jim Becker
04-08-2004, 7:46 PM
'Coupla "Swav-ay and de-boner" fellows there...:D

Visits are always a lot of fun! Highly recommended...

John Miliunas
04-08-2004, 9:47 PM
'Coupla "Swav-ay and de-boner" fellows there...:D

Visits are always a lot of fun! Highly recommended...

Got that right, Jim! It was much fun and I look forward to our next meeting, as well as that of any other Creek'r! :cool:

Aaron Koehl
04-09-2004, 8:36 AM
It really looks like ya now that we've seen the original-- Funny how that works!

_Aaron_

Chris Padilla
04-09-2004, 11:29 AM
So is the avatar for you??? or me????
I'll consider changing it. But for the time being:D:D

Tyler
Knowledge Is Power

See, Tyler, how this works is if you don't use it, I gotta CHARGE you for it since I will have WASTED my time in making it for you (all of 2 minutes....:p). If you use it, then it was time well spent and therefore FREEEEEE!!!!!!!! :D

John Miliunas
04-09-2004, 11:40 AM
If you use it, then it was time well spent and therefore FREEEEEE!!!!!!!! :D

Hey Tyler, now THAT'S a deal at twice the price! :D :cool:

Tyler Howell
04-09-2004, 12:43 PM
See, Tyler, how this works is if you don't use it, I gotta CHARGE you for it since I will have WASTED my time in making it for you (all of 2 minutes....:p). If you use it, then it was time well spent and therefore FREEEEEE!!!!!!!! :D

What:confused:.

Me and our commander and chief call that Fuzzy Math! Just put it on my tab Chris.... Checks in the mail. I'm from the government. I'm here to help you, I'll respect you in the morning.

Kurt Aebi
04-09-2004, 1:21 PM
You Guys are havung TOO MUCH FUN!

Gotta Love It!!!

Tyler & John - you guys make this forum fun - Keep it up!

Chris Padilla
04-09-2004, 1:26 PM
Tyler...Buddddddyyyyyy, you can't live in the past, my friend!! You've got to move forward...look to the future...reach out and grasp it with both fists and hang on!! The ride could be wild but it'll be interesting and fun and in the end, you'll be a better man, more knowledge, more experience.

Will you take on this challenge? Take the road less travelled? Move on??

;) :D :p

:cool: :cool:

John Miliunas
04-09-2004, 1:30 PM
Tyler...Buddddddyyyyyy, you can't live in the past, my friend!! You've got to move forward...look to the future...reach out and grasp it with both fists and hang on!! The ride could be wild but it'll be interesting and fun and in the end, you'll be a better man, more knowledge, more experience.

Will you take on this challenge? Take the road less travelled? Move on??

;) :D :p

:cool: :cool:

Hey Chris; Shhhhhhh.... If I'm not mistaken, he's already taken "that" road. My daughter told me that when he left our place Sunday, he promptly turned left and was headed North. His destination was South of here! :D (She thought she saw him turn around a bit later, though.... :rolleyes: ) :cool: