PDA

View Full Version : LaserBuzz - great service

Pete Wood
05-15-2008, 2:34 PM
I just wanted to say a public thank you to Tom at LaserBuzz.

He very kindly saved me time and the costs of international postage by sending me his plans (the Victorian dolls house), by email, so that my architectural design students can see how to build an assembly - directly from the laser cutter.

I believe this will both inspire and encourage my students, thereby raising their standards.

I was also delighted to find that Tom had also sent me a number of other plans, free of charge, which my students can use to hone their skills (gluing, assembling, painting etc), prior to making the house.

Fabulous service and great communications. The recommended laser settings make everything very easy indeed.

I am a first time customer - and would happily recommend this company.

Pete (in sunny London, UK)

Mark Winlund
05-15-2008, 3:53 PM
I went on their website to see if there was anything new.... it crashed my computer! Tried again, and many of the "click on to enlarge" functions didn't work.

Mark

Pete Simmons
05-15-2008, 4:00 PM
I just clicked on a bunch of them and they all worked fine.

I bet you have some Java OK button or something clicked off.

Leigh Costello
05-16-2008, 12:25 AM
Buzz is a great guy and he is truly happy to hear when someone succeeds with their laser. I have met and talked with him several times and he always leaves me with some other avenue to try in case I need new ideas. I have only good things to say about him.

Jim Good
05-16-2008, 1:17 AM
When on his website, sign up for his newsletter. It contains good information, good and bad humor :D, and sometimes some free patterns. I always enjoy seeing one of his emails pop up in the queue! You'll also see some of his upcoming designs.

Jim

David Lavaneri
05-16-2008, 11:00 AM
Just wanted to weigh in with my opinion of Tom and his wife Arlene.

You'd be hard-pressed to find more genuine people who are truly interested in seeing you make money with your laser.

Much of Tom's sage advice has nothing to do with his LazerBuzz products.

You can also read his informative articles, monthly, in the A&E magazine and see Tom as a speaker at NBM shows and other educational events.

David "The Stunt Engraver" Lavaneri

Jeanette Brewer
05-16-2008, 1:27 PM
"Buzz" is one of the featured speakers at our upcoming ARA Education Weekend (June 13-14, Arlington, TX). He graciously agreed to present his "Success Tactics for the Laser Engraving Entrepreneur" seminar for us that Saturday morning.

For more information &/or to register for the education weekend, go to www.ara.org (http://www.ara.org) & click on Engraving Concepts Education Weekend (under ARA News to the right on the home page).

Lisa Griffiths
05-17-2008, 9:01 PM
I noticed he has a Girl Scout pattern as part of his collection. Does anyone know if he is licensed for this? Even if he is, anyone that would use it would probably need to have their own license to use this on a product. I checked into getting a license from them and I was told "Thanks, but no thanks - we already have enough licensees". I would really like to be able to use it if I can though - legally that is. Guess I should email him directly.

Richard Rumancik
05-17-2008, 9:16 PM
Lisa, don't know for sure, but found this in the FAQ

What does the LaserBuzz Copyright \ Licensing Agreement allow me to do?
All the company or product logos included in this collection are the Trademarks or registered Trademarks of their respective companies, and are provided as a convenience only for their lawful use. Address inquires to the specific company or Trademark holder for restrictions or conditions for use. Purchaser shall obtain prior authorization from the appropriate company prior to the use of any logo included in this collection.

Of course you have read the "Terms of Use" thoroughly (click in the lower right corner of the homepage) . . .

Lisa Griffiths
05-17-2008, 9:44 PM
Hmmmmmm, I wonder if they checked with the Girl Scouts because I think he could get into trouble with distributing the logo if they didn't ok it. The Girl Scouts have a congressional charter that protects them and he is technically selling their logo. Even Girl Scout leaders for pete's sake have to get permission to use their logos on anything for their troops - they are really sticklers. Oh well........

Tom Buzz Bernard
05-18-2008, 9:39 AM
Hi Lisa,
Thank you for your concern.

Our goal is to help you make money with product designs that sell.

We have many who have received permission. Some organizations have the ability to give permission within, others regionally, while some require headquarters. (usually they have licensing) We have had 3 in a row get the go ahead, the 4th one get rejected, but the next 5 get the OK again??? Without seeing the paperwork it is hard to understand why that one got rejected.

We try to use the minimum amount of Trademarked designs that require licenses, most just require permission. If you ever get rejected to use a specific design you purchased from us we will replace it with any other product design of your choice to make money with.

The disclosure Richard points out on our web site is there to handle changing situations. (Also because our Lawyers require it). Let me explain; at any time things can change with a trademark being purchased by someone. Example; If you print the words "That's Hot" on an iron, stove, or a sidewalk on a hot summer day you are OK, but if you put it on a T-Shirt you will probably hear from Ms Hilton's lawyers :) It has been trademarked and licensed for that use. Things can change and evolve, what was OK yesterday now may need a license.

Even the licensing can get confusing; Boyscouts was permission based for years, as of Sept. 2007 they went to a licensed program. We received (from the Boyscouts) a design to make for their northern jamboree by one of our customers, he received written permission from the boyscouts to produce the products without getting licensed. A trademark doesn't always mean money, but a license usually does.

For 20 years we used to own sign shops (43 of them) we made signs for Budweiser, Wendy's, BurgerKing, Miller (I could go on & on) my point is we did not have to get licensed to make these for the distributors, franchises, so forth. I could name some that do, but this thread is getting long enough.

Whatever products you make, (our designs or your own), don't fear the process of getting licensed. If you can impress a regional person, they will help you. Example; I have a friend who started a home business, he made a proto-type product for Nascar (everyone would tell you a license from Nascar is impossible) as of 2007 he is up to 35 employees and 3 million in sales. Of course he no longer works from home :)

Sorry for the long thread, home on a sunday, just thought I would visit Sawmill creek. Thanks for the many positive words, Pete, Leigh, Jim, Jeanette, David, I hope I did not forget anyone.

I am a person that truly enjoys hearing a great success story, helping whenever I can, and seeing a business grow and thrive. On several forums you all try to help each other, this is refreshing because most businesses will not even give up a contact name to buyers who could help others sell a product line. (hint for a list)

I have attached a fun project to make with 1/8" substrate. For those who get my newsletter you would have received this (November of last year). The assembly direction would not load as a .cdr, if you have a problem email me.

Tom "BUZZ"
LaserBuzz