PDA

View Full Version : new lathe/wood and amazing customer service

doug young
05-15-2008, 12:39 AM
Well I finally got my new lathe. I had worked previously on a old craftsman tube lathe and the difference is amazing. I just stand in the garage, turn it on then check to make sure it's running because it is so smooth and quiet. Just wanted to make a few comments. I spent months scanning the posts trying to decide where to get the lathe. Tool nut seemed popular to a lot of you so i called Sean and he beat all prices.. and i had the lathe in a week. but here is the amazing part. I had also ordered a chuck. When i called WMH to check on why it hadn't come there was some confusion so i called Sean back and he not only straightened it all out (The chuck will be here tomorrow). He also sent me a 50 dollar credit and tool nut had done nothing wrong. He said he just wanted my experience with the lathe to be great. well then i found all of this 30 year old maple at a garage sale. life is good.

one more thing... I had been worried that the lathe would pop the GFI's in the garage. The lathe runs fine on them... no problems.

Scott Hubl
05-15-2008, 12:51 AM
CONGRATS!

I was VERY pleased with my ToolNut Purchase as well.:D

NICE Wood too.

Brian Brown
05-15-2008, 12:51 AM
Congrats on the new lathe. Sounds like Tool Nut is a great place to buy. Now for the bad news... Sorry to have to be the one to inform you but you have chosen poorly on one of your tools. That trash can is no where near big enough for all the shavings you are about to make. ;) Better go get a dumpster. :D

Bruce Pennell
05-15-2008, 8:42 AM
Doug great looking lathe, now you need to upgrade the bow saw to a bandsaw. Enjoy all the wood, great score on both. Enjoy....Bruce

Greg Heppeard
05-15-2008, 9:29 AM
You'll love that lathe, I love mine.

Bernie Weishapl
05-15-2008, 9:32 AM
Congrats on the new lathe. You are going to like it. Nice haul on the wood.

robert hainstock
05-15-2008, 10:22 AM
That's a nice toy, and nice fodder to feed it for a while. Congrats! PICTURES! :):)
Bob

Steve Schlumpf
05-15-2008, 10:24 AM
Doug - Congrats on your new lathe - you're going to love it! Like you, I started out on a Craftsman mono-tube and then stepped up to the Jet 1642. I still am amazed at how well it runs! Have fun - looking forward to seeing some of that maple real soon!

doug young
05-15-2008, 10:42 AM
Thanks again to all of you here that help us newbies get going. There are no woodturning clubs in my area so this forum is the next best thing. Thanks again, doug