PDA

View Full Version : Battle Cross

Bill Stein
05-15-2008, 12:15 AM
Hi All,
Does anybody have a graphic of a soldier kneeling at a Battle Cross? A Battle Cross is made by sticking the bayonet of a rifle in the ground, putting the helmet on it, and placing the boots at the base. I have attached a picture of the Battle Cross. But I need a soldier kneeling by it. Oh yeah, it needs to reflect the current equipment (rifle, helmet, etc.)

TIA

Bill

Luke Phillips
05-15-2008, 7:31 AM
Maybe this will work for you?

Bill Stein
05-15-2008, 9:54 AM
Thanks Luke,

That is dead on.

If anybody has one like this that is a little more distinct and that would engrave better, I would appreciate your including it. If not, I will play around with this one and see what results I can get.

Bill

Luke Phillips
05-15-2008, 10:02 AM
Bill, I've got the original photo - I'll send it on to you; it's too big for posting on the forum so if you will, pm your email address please.

Bill Stein
05-15-2008, 1:15 PM
I've sent you the PM with my email.

Thanks,

Bill

Dee Gallo
05-15-2008, 1:41 PM
Bill, what a coincidence - I just went to the post office and your image is hanging there on a poster!

If you go to <www.remember.gov> you can view the poster there.

Bill Stein
05-15-2008, 4:29 PM
Thanks Dee,

And thanks also to all that have given their lives in the service of our country. I also extend my thanks to everyone in every country that have died in the name of freedom. My sympathy to their friends and family as they remember their fallen heros.

Here is the poster. I hope that eveyone will join with me in rememberance at 3pm on Memorial Day.

Bill

Stephen Beckham
01-23-2009, 10:51 AM
Sorry to bring up and old Thread, but this is something I had been working on for several months (couple free minutes at a time). When I originally saw this request I wanted to get back to it and finish it - that's what Januarys are for....

It's not perfect, but offered free for anyone to use, modify,sell or otherwise display in honor of my fallen brothers and sisters. Be carefull, designed to leave some very small spaces that I broke out. I adjusted a bit, but still want smaller pieces left for effect. If you have breakage, remove them or stretch the close points to leave more material.

I've still got the second half to finish which is the soldier kneeling to the right of it, but figured this might inspire me to get it finished. Might be next January the way things have been busy around here (yea!!!).

It's cut out of 1/4" black and 1/4" clear (base). Depending on what you place it on or in, you may need to adjust the bottom piece. I just like for the clear to place the bottom of the boot up to the top of the base so it looks as if really standing there.

Corel File is saved in Version 10.

Ray Uebner
01-23-2009, 12:56 PM
Wow that is great work. That should bring a welt to the eye. Good job, Thanks for the post

Steve Clarkson
04-06-2009, 2:45 PM
I was in Allentown. PA for my daughter's softball tournament this weekend and it was at a park called Veteran's Park. They had a nice memorial that included this Battle Cross.....and I remembered this thread, so I took a picture to add to the thread.