PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Freud

Russell Tribby
05-14-2008, 9:38 PM
Some of you may remember my post about problems I was having with table mounted FT3000VCE. I eventually ended up sending it to Freud for service. A week later I had an entirely new unit at my door. Great job Freud in taking care of your customers!

Steve Leverich
05-14-2008, 9:54 PM
Russell, do you have a link to your posts? Havin' a bit of trouble with that setup myself... Steve

Russell Tribby
05-14-2008, 10:55 PM
Russell, do you have a link to your posts? Havin' a bit of trouble with that setup myself... Steve

Here's the link,
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=81863. I was having problems with the router sticking on one of the posts when I adjusted the height. That would cause it to jump or jolt in the middle of a cut and completely compromise what I was trying to do. I hope this helps.

Steve Leverich
05-14-2008, 11:06 PM
Thanks Russel - my prob's a bit different (maybe) - it just started with a large finger joint bit from Marc Sommerfeld, seems fine with others. Doesn't seem to matter whether I lock the plunge or not, the bit drifts downward.

If I lock the plunge, the vernier spins itself down and then the plunge lock works loose and the router drops quickly.

If I do NOT lock the plunge, the height just drifts downward during the cut. Haven't had time to play with it since it happened, but you've given me a few things to look at... Steve

Russell Tribby
05-14-2008, 11:24 PM
Steve, I'd get on the phone with Freud. I explained my problem and they had me send my router in. Like I said the next thing I knew I had an entirely new unit. What your describing not only sounds frustrating but unsafe. I'd have them deal with it instead of trying to tinker with it.

Steve Leverich
05-15-2008, 4:47 AM
Thanks Russell, that sounds like the best approach - I'll let you know how it turns out... Steve