PDA

View Full Version : I give up

Gene Hobbs
05-14-2008, 3:34 PM
:( I just wanted to let everyone know what has went on the past few months. I bought a Accuris laser from sign warehouse. They were very nice in selling me this laser but when you need tech support you can hang it up. I started having problems out of this laser about a month after I bought it. Guess what about six months later still not fixed. I have had it with this company. They will not even return a phone call now. I have contacted my lawyer about this problem. From what I have read on this forum I am not the only one who has had trouble with this company. I ordered a new Epilog this morning. If it wasn't but a couple hundred dollars it wouldn't be any big deal but over $18,000 and all it is good for is a door stop is not going to get it, plus I just spent another $18,000 this morning on another one is killing me. But I have to have a laser that works to make any money. If anyone else is having trouble with this company please contact me through email. If there are enough people I will pass it on to my lawyer and maybe we all can get some sort of help.

Thanks
Gene

Jeff Hartung
05-14-2008, 4:49 PM
Sorry to hear that man. Good to know though. I have plans on going up to Dallas next week to demo a few machines and Signwarehouse was one of those places. Ill have to rethink them.

Mike Null
05-14-2008, 7:59 PM
You can do a search on any of the brands and read previous threads. A lot of reading but it may be enlightening.

Clara Koss
05-14-2008, 8:16 PM
go to the tv chanel that takes care of problems people cannot resolve on their own...here in south fla every news chanel has that kind of a program and usualy they get great results for the consumer... you know, people that get ripped off and such...good luck!!!!

Scott Shepherd
05-15-2008, 9:22 AM
It's not limited to Signwarehouse, I had an Epilog and had the same experience. Tech support did answer the phone, but couldn't solve the problem and the higher ups didn't see any sense of urgency in resolving the problem. They failed to understand (as often as I explained it to them), that I didn't buy a $20,000 machine so that I could work on it or wait for them to engineer a solution. After a while my sales rep bought it back to save his reputation (that's the version I got).

So don't think it's limited to Signwarehouse. It happens to a lot of them. What most companies seem to be really good at is fixing standard problems. X-Axis motor going bad? No problem, we'll ship one overnight. Piece of cake. They seem to fall to pieces when it's not the everyday problem that they deal with. Once they can't solve it and it goes up a level, those people just don't seem to understand customer service for some reason.

I have a lot of admiration for tech support guys. They do great jobs, but I wouldn't give you a quarter for the next level up in most companies.

Phil Salvati
05-15-2008, 6:28 PM
We had the same woes with our plasma router table... worthless company... hundreds of calls to get me to buy the damn thing...they don't want to know you when you have problems!

Universal treated us well... Engravers Network has never let us down!

P & G

James & Zelma Litzmann
05-15-2008, 6:32 PM
You can do a search on any of the brands and read previous threads. A lot of reading but it may be enlightening.

As Mike said do a search and you will find some very interesting issues.

The one piece of advice I can give . . . is don't give up, never give up and I speak from experience.

william kennington
05-15-2008, 9:06 PM
Sorry to hear about your experience with them. I have a Pinnacle 30 watt unit and had a power supply problem the first year but I have to say that the support was excellent. I hope future issues are painless as well. Hope you have good luck with the new Epilog. I hear good things about them.

Gene Hobbs
05-22-2008, 9:16 AM
Well still no support. Here it is May 23 and still no call back from tech support. I must say that Mr. Huffman did PM me on the 15th wanting some info on my account but that is it. I have called and left message after message and still no response. I was not mean in my message just letting them know I still had the same problem. What should I do next. Any ideas. I'm lost

Thanks Gene

Vicky Orsini
05-22-2008, 9:31 AM
I hate to say it, but sometimes the squeaky wheel really does get the grease. I'm not saying you need to get downright nasty. At this point, I think Klara's suggestion has some merit. Tell them that you're not impressed at all with their level of service, and if you don't get some kind of results by X date, you will take your complaints to the consumer protection association/better business bureau/local news show's consumer watchdog as well as every engravers' forum you can find.

ETA: I know a lot of people are concerned about slander, but I believe the law states that it isn't slander if you're simply relating your own experiences.

Scott Shepherd
05-22-2008, 9:53 AM
Several thoughts come to mind. First- Signwarehouse.com says on their website that they are a member of the BBB. Call they Texas BBB and file a complaint. That's probably step 2. Step 1 would be to stop calling tech support and start asking for Presidents. I couldn't quickly find the President, but I did find this info : Erik A. Gripp, vice-president of Sign Warehouse. Pick up the phone, call them and ask to speak to "Eric Gripp". Getting through to a President or VP can often cause some very swift action. Be nice and clearly state your case to him.

I'd also inform him, kindly, that you feel that you are at the end of your rope and you don't want to start calling people like the BBB or other consumer groups, but up to this point, you haven't found anyone who would follow through on resolving the issue.

My guess is you'll get some sort of response. You just need to get up the chain.

Just my opinion.

Scott Shepherd
05-22-2008, 10:06 AM
More info - President is "Chris Gripp" and there's another name listed as an email, Michal Gripp. No title for him that I could find.

Looks like a family owned business.

Their email format is michal.gripp (at) sign.....blah blah blah.com

So you should easily be able to send an email to chris.gripp@ as well as eric.gripp@ and go from there if you can't reach them by phone.

Mike Page
05-22-2008, 12:22 PM
I would also call GCC and tell them you have a problem and can't seem to get it taken care of thru S/W.

GCC has a office in Walnut CA . I have called them and will not think twice about calling them again for help and/or parts.

Best advice I can give is dont give up, get aggressive!

MIke