PDA

View Full Version : Help identifying this tool accessory

Brian J Holmes
05-14-2008, 11:07 AM
So I'm building some new storage in my shop and as a result I'm going through the nooks and crannies I've stuffed stuff over the last couple years. While doing this I came across an accessory that I can't identify.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/Duckzeus/SCr_HfUIRPI/AAAAAAAACCk/LK6mMukWkik/s800/IMG_0665.jpg

Any idea what this goes to?

The knob on top moves a spring loaded locking ring

Eddie Darby
05-14-2008, 11:20 AM
Looks to me like a part for a router.

Paul Williams
05-14-2008, 11:23 AM
That looks exactly like the accessory that came with my Bosch router. It mounts to the top side of your base plate and holds Bosch template guide bushings. If you use the Porter Cable style bushings, you probably have never needed it.

Brian J Holmes
05-14-2008, 11:59 AM
That's got to be it Paul, my JET TS came with a router lift and a Bosch router, since the Bosch has always been mounted in the lift I've never needed the adapter and that's probably why I stuck it in a handy hole and forgot about it.

Thanks!

Glen Blanchard
05-14-2008, 12:19 PM
I'm going through the nooks and crannies I've stuffed stuff over the last couple years. While doing this I came across an accessory that I can't identify.

Gosh, I thought that kinda stuff only happens to me. :eek:

Peter Quinn
05-14-2008, 1:55 PM
Definitely a bosch template guide bushing holder...use mine all the time. They make an insert to accept PC type bushings, so if you find your self using those its real quick to change and handy to have around.

Might make a distinctive nose ring in not, or possibly a napkin ring?

Brian J Holmes
05-15-2008, 10:10 AM
Might make a distinctive nose ring in not, or possibly a napkin ring?

I was thinking maybe attach it to my head and go for the borg look

Leo Zick
05-15-2008, 10:23 AM
that is a static bypass decoupler ring, with adjustable torsion fluctuator.

Peter Quinn
05-15-2008, 10:34 AM
I was thinking maybe attach it to my head and go for the borg look

I like it...RESISTANCE IS FUTILE...WE ARE THE BOSCH!