PDA

View Full Version : PSI Turncrafter Pro VS?

James K Peterson
05-14-2008, 6:50 AM
I've been thinking of buying a mini/midi lathe lately and I read the posts on Jet mini's, Delta, woodtek, Oneway, Rikon, etc. but didn't see anything on PSI's Turncrafter Pro VS... :confused:

Is this one bad? not worth the money? or Jet/Delta/Rikon are just better for the money? (leaning toward the jet for now). I will use it for spindle work mostly, no real plans to get into bowls ;) but you know how the slope is... (said the same sort of thing about hand planes :rolleyes:)

Thanks all
James

Wayne Bitting
05-14-2008, 7:39 AM
James - I've been using the Turncrafter Pro VS for about 18 months and have turned about 50 peppermills, 75 bottletoppers, hundreds of pens, and plenty of other misc other stuff. I've never had a problem with it. I was looking around just like you and had not thought about this lathe until another Creeker gave me his opinion of it. That night I ordered it!

If you get it from Amazon, you can get free shipping on it and save about $50 from buying it though PSI.

Good luck!

John W. Willis
05-14-2008, 8:35 AM
I don't know about the Turncrafter Pro VS BUT I do have the Turncrafter Pro. I bought it before the VS model came out. I am thoroughly satisfied with mine, very well built and if/when something happens to this one I would buy the Turncrafter Pro VS.

Nancy Laird
05-14-2008, 9:11 AM
James, take a look at the Steel City VS mini - it's a well-made machine and will do anything that you want to throw at it. And the price is right - $249.99.

Nancy