PDA

View Full Version : My Newest turning tool

Brian Brown
05-14-2008, 1:54 AM
Last week I went to IKEA for the first time. What a bunch of junk. :eek: Except for one thing; my newest turning tool. I have been looking for a couple of years for a good light that will light the inside of my work. I have tried a lot of different lights, and none really worked until now. This is a light fixture I got at IKEA. It works really well, and doesn't get in my way. And the best part...$10.00. :)

Greg Just
05-14-2008, 7:04 AM
Brian:

I was at IKEA a few months ago and looked at their light, but don't recall this one. How can you beat $10 - that a couple of super charged lattes :D

Steve Schlumpf
05-14-2008, 8:58 AM
The lamp looks like it would work just fine! I use a reflector hanging from the wall in back of the lathe and there are times when I manage to block the light. Doesn't look like you will have any dead areas with this one - and the price is right!

Looking forward to seeing the bowl once finished!

Roger Wilson
05-14-2008, 12:16 PM
Checked out your web site. You are a very fine photographer. I especially like the food photos.

As for the light, very good idea. I have been using halogen work lights (what painters etc. use). This would be a cleaner solution.

I've got the same lathe with a bed extension, it helps get the tailstock out of the way without having to remove it.

Robert McGowen
05-14-2008, 1:47 PM
Now I just have to get the LOML to go to IKEA for me with only a $10 bill and no credit cards. :)

Geoff Hanha
05-14-2008, 3:00 PM
Ikea UK price is £19.99 and i paid the same price for a magnetic base goosenecked led lamp form craftsupplies. it was in the picture in the thread (hot of the lathe), shame if it had been sort of price you paid i would have snapped it up, no heat has to be good. Geoff

Nathan Hawkes
05-14-2008, 7:33 PM
And the best part...$10.00. :)

Nice light! That loooks like a winner for sure. However,...................
they must've messed up the price or something....I checked their web site & the price is 39.99!! They have a similar clamp-on version for 29.99. I still might get one; I like the tiny diameter a lot! Plus, its less likely to act like a funnel to catch flying debris!