PDA

View Full Version : Just Wandering Around the Net

Jim Koepke
05-12-2008, 10:52 PM
And found this article sawing that led to an article at LV about the three kinds of saw cuts when I saw an article on making saw handles.

Handles Here (http://www.leevalley.com/newsletters/Woodworking/1/5/article3.htm)

Gosh, this is kind of like window shopping, only I can have a Guinness open while doing it.

jtk

James Mittlefehldt
05-13-2008, 10:29 AM
I think that the internet has probably been the greatest single instrument for decimating information on a lot of subjects, and is at least possibly responsible for the upsurge in hand tool woodworking.

Also the Guinness is good to, though in my case I tend towards Sleeman's fine porter. With all there is to check and look at it is a wonder I ever get to my shop.

Duncan Potter
05-13-2008, 10:37 AM
Both decimating and disseminating!:D

Sorry, couldn't resist!

James Mittlefehldt
05-13-2008, 10:48 AM
Both decimating and disseminating!:D

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Too much caffeine, what was I thinking LOL.

Hank Knight
05-13-2008, 12:02 PM
Gosh, this is kind of like window shopping, only I can have a Guinness open while doing it. jtk

Just heard this and though I'd pass it on to you Guinness lovers:

Molly Murphy was washing dishes when the parish priest knocked at her door.

"Come in Father," she says.

"Molly, I hate to tell you this, but there's been a accident down at the distillery and your husband Sean has been killed."

Sinking to her knees in dispair she says, "Father that's the worst news you could have brought. What happened?"

"Sean fell into a vat of Guinness and drowned."

"Father, I can't bear to think o' my Sean a sufferin'. Tell me he went quickly."

"I canna tell ya that, Molly. He got out three times to pee."

Mike Cutler
05-13-2008, 12:03 PM
I don't know... "Decimating" could be an adequate description too.:eek:,

ralph cox
05-13-2008, 2:21 PM
Jim ,James Duncanand all,I propose a 4th class of saw cuts,those made with the newly aquired fleemarket D8 rip to the coast oak log found road side, air dried and pepreceeded by a pint of Beemishes' and a Taddy Porter....Cheers and careful...ralph on the coast looking for roadfinds

Ethan Sincox
05-13-2008, 2:47 PM
The Lee Valley Newsletter is a really good publication. I'm not quite sure how often it come out, but it's one of the better e-newsletters I receive.

Definitely worth checking out the back issues and signing up to receive it.

Jim Koepke
05-13-2008, 3:29 PM
Jim ,James Duncanand all,I propose a 4th class of saw cuts,those made with the newly aquired fleemarket D8 rip to the coast oak log found road side, air dried and pepreceeded by a pint of Beemishes' and a Taddy Porter....Cheers and careful...ralph on the coast looking for roadfinds

One of the things I miss about having a job is the things I found on the road on the way to work.

Found a maple table top that most likely fell off a truck. Put it in the back of the car and took it home.

jim

Tony Zaffuto
05-13-2008, 4:51 PM
If we create a subset group of Guinness drinking, saw handle making Galoots, I'm in! Been my drink for years, in fact it caused a Sicilian (me and I dislike Peroni) to give our third daughter an Irish middle name (Erin) so that we can legitimately celebrate St. Paddy's day and drink Guinness and (my wife) Harps year round!

T.Z.

Steve Clardy
05-13-2008, 5:35 PM
Just heard this and though I'd pass it on to you Guinness lovers:

Molly Murphy was washing dishes when the parish priest knocked at her door.

"Come in Father," she says.

"Molly, I hate to tell you this, but there's been a accident down at the distillery and your husband Sean has been killed."

Sinking to her knees in dispair she says, "Father that's the worst news you could have brought. What happened?"

"Sean fell into a vat of Guinness and drowned."

"Father, I can't bear to think o' my Sean a sufferin'. Tell me he went quickly."

"I canna tell ya that, Molly. He got out three times to pee."

ROFLOL :D:D