PDA

View Full Version : Hollow Form Vase

Mitchell Cholewinski
05-12-2008, 10:30 PM
I turned this 7" vase from the same unknown wood as the last post. Spiralling on the body shows up little better on this turning. Mitch:)

Steve Schlumpf
05-12-2008, 11:19 PM
Nice vase Mitchell! Interesting form and some really nice detail work! The color and spiralling give it a classic marble look!

Bernie Weishapl
05-12-2008, 11:27 PM
Mitchell that is a great looking HF. I like the detail you added to it. Well done.

Mitchell Cholewinski
05-13-2008, 2:00 AM
Thanks to both you gentlemen for your comments on my turnings. Both of you are part of the reason I have been trying to post on this forum for several months now but couldn't figure how to resize my pictures till tonight. You guys on this forum seem to all get along with each other. I would like to be a part of that. Thanks again, Mitch

Bill Wyko
05-13-2008, 2:12 AM
Welcome Mitchell. You're gonna enjoy this place. Talent is rampid here.:) Nice job on the turning. What are you using for finish?

Mitchell Cholewinski
05-13-2008, 2:43 AM
Thank you Bill. I never could post here before but I was always reading the posts, so I know there are plenty of good turners here, but more importantly there seem to be many good people here that genuinely get along with each other. That is one thing that attracted me.. Thanks again This turning was extremely wet so I used a water based varathane varnish to seal it to prevent cracks etc. Didn't want to change the color of the substrate and wanted it to look like classic marble. Steve Slumpf nailed it right on the head when he said that is what it looked like to him.That is what I was aiming to do, give it a flat marble look. Mitch

Paul Engle
05-13-2008, 9:41 AM
Nice work Mitchell,very well done indeed ....but, dont be stingy now :D ..... next time you do one like this with the spiral check or embelishment/s take some shots and post a tutorial.