PDA

View Full Version : King Charles Spaniel Vector

Peter Meacham
05-12-2008, 9:35 PM
Does anyone have a vector file of a King Charles Spaniel dog please.

Thanks, Pete

Darren Null
05-12-2008, 9:49 PM
This is A spaniel. Not sure what flavour though.

Jeff Wright
05-12-2008, 10:28 PM
I own two Cavalier King Charles Spaniels and plenty of digital photos. Would they do you any good?

I have no idea what a vector thingamagig is. I don't do engraving. Just happened to notice your thread.

Darren Null
05-12-2008, 10:51 PM
There's 2 types of image files, bitmap and vector.

A bitmap is a grid of different-coloured squares called pixels that make up the image. JPG, BMP, GIF, TIF, PNG are all bitmap.

A vector file is made from coordinates and elements: squares, circles, lines, curves etc. No good for photos as the image comes out a bit blobby; but the big advantage is that you can expand the image as large as you like with no deterioration of quality. When you expand a bimap too far, you can see the individual pixels and it looks awful. EPS, WMF & SVG are 3 common vector formats.

Explained better here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_graphics

Jeff Wright
05-13-2008, 7:26 AM
There's 2 types of image files, bitmap and vector.

A bitmap is a grid of different-coloured squares called pixels that make up the image. JPG, BMP, GIF, TIF, PNG are all bitmap.

A vector file is made from coordinates and elements: squares, circles, lines, curves etc. No good for photos as the image comes out a bit blobby; but the big advantage is that you can expand the image as large as you like with no deterioration of quality. When you expand a bimap too far, you can see the individual pixels and it looks awful. EPS, WMF & SVG are 3 common vector formats.

Explained better here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_graphics

Maybe I could convert a .JPG into a vector file in my PhotoShop application. Would that work?

Peter Meacham
05-13-2008, 8:48 AM
Jeff & Darren

Thanks for the replies. I am not sure if PhotoShop .jpg files will save or export as .eps - perhaps another PhotoShop user could advise.

In any case, I think I will just take a photo of the dog next door - face shot - and make it into a vector file for inclusion in a sign I am making for them.

Thanks again for the inputs.

Pete

Jeff Wright
05-13-2008, 8:58 AM
I just converted a photo of one of my Cavaliers from JPG to PhotoShop EPS. Let me know if you want me to email it to you.

Peter Meacham
05-13-2008, 8:01 PM
Jeff

PM sent requesting file.

Thanks, Pete