PDA

View Full Version : ? for you Firefox users....

Jim O'Dell
05-11-2008, 10:35 PM
I lost my Netscape bookmarks, and inbox accidentally turning off power before the entire shut down sequence had finished the other day (was on final blue screen and almost complete). I found a lot of the information in Firefox that I had down loaded a few months ago to play with, but I can't retrieve my inbox information, or at least haven't yet. Did find most of the other folder's information. :confused: Since Netscape is essentially no longer, I thought this would be a good time to make the switch. Most of it works the same, but I miss the form fill feature that I had on Netscape 7.2 (was gone on the 8.x and 9.x versions). I looked through the Firefox add ons, and found several. I downloaded the Form Filler one, and have been using it. It is better in some ways, but you have to create a "bookmarklet" for each form, and that is a little bit of a hassle. The good part is that it remembers the check boxes as well as the name and address fields.
Have any of you tried any of the others and have a preference?
Hope you had a great Mothers Day and were able to spend it with your special moms! Jim.

Don Abele
05-11-2008, 10:43 PM
Jim, I use Firefox as well. I added the Google toolbar and it includes an autofill feature that I like much better than any ad-ons I've tried.

Be well,

Doc

Tim Wagner
05-12-2008, 7:52 AM
Do a search on Roboform. I like it allot.:)

Cliff Rohrabacher
05-12-2008, 9:52 AM
The data isn't gone it's merely lost - maybe a Directory FAT is zapped. If you can do a search for the "bookmarks" or "*.html"
You may find it and re-label it and once found you can import it.

f you are using XP:
I'd look in the directory labeled "Documents and Settings"
Chances are it'll be under the sub-directory with your name and then under another sub-directory names "Application Data"

Jim O'Dell
05-12-2008, 4:00 PM
Thanks Cliff. I'm running 2000 Professional. LOML had the directions for XP, but I couldn't find mine that way. I do remember they are burried. I even opened up the "hidden" files to make sure they weren't there, still couldn't find them. I'll keep looking. Like you said, they are there hiding somewhere. Jim.