PDA

View Full Version : Worksharp Gloat CS Kudo

Alan Greene
05-11-2008, 3:40 PM
I recently got a worksharp 3000 to help get me past my ineptitude with other sharpening methods. I unfortunately got a bad one off the production line. For some reason it made funny "bearing going bad" noises and would not sharpen parallel.

I called worksharp customer service, got right through, and after a few minutes conversation with the agent had a new one on the way. They told me to keep all of the glass wheels, sandpaper etc. and just send the bad machine back. Another trip to the hospital :( meant that I did not send the bad one back in a timely fashion. I called them 2 weeks after the new one got to my house to let them know I would try to get it out early next week. They were extremely helpful, polite and told me to take my time in returning it.:)

I am very happy with the new one and wanted everyone to know of this great experience with their customer service.

Bob Noles
05-11-2008, 6:14 PM
Alan,

Thanks for that great post and recommendation of a company that stands behind their product in such a fine manner. I have been looking SERIOUSLY at this tool for the past several days and and my trigger finger is itching like crazy :eek::D Would love to hear of your experience using the machine when you have a chance.

Hope your hospital incident was not serious and that you continue in good health.

Dewey Torres
05-11-2008, 6:34 PM
Now that you are hopefully well... Have you been able to use the worksharp to get over your "ineptitude with other sharpening methods"?

Much buzz has been centered around this machine on other threads.

Dewey

Rick Levine
05-11-2008, 7:30 PM
Alan, that's weird. I just had the same issue with my WorkSharp 3000 and I also had a very good experience with their CS. I should get my new machine next Wednesday. I also found the unit, even though it made the same sound, extremely good at sharpening all my chisels. I spent nearly an hour and a half trying to flatten and sharpen a 1 1/2" chisel by hand using water stones and after giving up with raw hands from all the water and abrasive I decided to buy the WorkSharp. It was the best decision I could have made. It allowed me to sharpen all 12 of my chisels in the same time I sharpened my first one. On top of that they were sharp enough to shave hairs off my arm.

Alan Greene
05-11-2008, 10:18 PM
I lent one of my "luckily" cheap chisels to someone working on the house. One of his men used it on tile. I just sharpened it on the worksharp in about an hour. I had put a lot of time trying to get that chisel halfway decent, but my skills with the grinder seriously lacked. This new machine is quiet and sharpened the skew off of my chisels quickly. Very happy with it.

Dewey: I am now "ineptitudeless"!!