PDA

View Full Version : A perfect day for a wedding.....

Tim Morton
05-11-2008, 3:05 PM
Yesterday was my daughters wedding....and we had perfect weather for an outdoor reception at the house. She married a navy submariner and will be living in New London after the honeymoon. These are just a few quick snaps.

Ken Fitzgerald
05-11-2008, 3:15 PM
Congratulations to the couple and the parents! May their lives be blessed with happiness forever!

Nancy Laird
05-11-2008, 4:25 PM
Congratulations to your daughter and new son-in-law, Tim. Tell your daughter that it takes a LOT of love to be a Navy wife---especially to a submariner. I wish patience for her. Surface navy and airdales are sometimes gone for long periods of time; submariners sometimes don't get mail for months (sort of hard to deliver mail under the waves).

Ken, do those two stripes on his left sleeve remind you of anyone you know???? :D

Nancy

Ken Fitzgerald
05-11-2008, 4:40 PM
Nancy.....Yeah except my stripes were white!:D I notice he's wearing the same hair style I was sporting when Sharon and I got married!
:rolleyes:

Nancy IIRC...Tim was in the Navy. Takes a special woman to be a Navy wife. Takes a lot of flexibility on the part of both parties!

Tim Morton
05-11-2008, 4:44 PM
The good news is that his sub is in drydock and will not go out to sea until mid 2009 so year one they can at least have one year of together time and she will hopefully make friends with other navy wives.:)

When my wife and I got married in 1984 I went out to sea on the Big E a week later and was gone for 7 months. But we had been living together for a year and a half prior.

John Shuk
05-11-2008, 8:43 PM
Cheers to the happy couple.

Ron Jones near Indy
05-11-2008, 9:12 PM
Congrats to the newly weds and their families. And Tim, give the SIL our thanks for his service!

Jim Becker
05-11-2008, 9:22 PM
Congratulations, Tim! (And to the lovely couple) I'm glad the day was so nice for the event, too...

Bruce Page
05-11-2008, 9:29 PM
Congratulations to all!

Don Abele
05-11-2008, 9:55 PM
Tim, congratulations - to you, the family, and the happy couple as well.

Tell your daughter to get used to the smell of amine and 2190. That's what she gets for marrying an A-ganger :D And tell him, from a qualified submariner (14 years) that he needs to get his dinq NUB butt qualified!!! :p

(They should both understand what I said!)

Be well,

Doc

Tim Morton
05-12-2008, 6:20 PM
Tim, congratulations - to you, the family, and the happy couple as well.

Tell your daughter to get used to the smell of amine and 2190. That's what she gets for marrying an A-ganger :D And tell him, from a qualified submariner (14 years) that he needs to get his dinq NUB butt qualified!!! :p

(They should both understand what I said!)

Be well,

Doc

I'll pass it on..:D

Phyllis Meyer
05-13-2008, 11:41 AM
Tim,

Congratulations to the happy couple and to all of you. What a beautiful day, and pictures! Thanks for sharing this special day!

Phyllis:)

Dennis Peacock
05-13-2008, 12:02 PM
Congratulations to the couple and the parents! May their lives be blessed with happiness forever!

Yes and AMEN to that. Congrats to all.!!!!

Mike Cutler
05-13-2008, 12:36 PM
Tim

Congratulations to your daughter on her wedding. Both the day and she looked beautiful.

Doc's got it right about the Amine and 2190. God I can still smell that stuff, and it's been 24 years since I was last on a sub. Your daughter might want to consider washing his clothes seperate from hers. In fact she should.

Now as for the Dinq non-qual stuff Doc. Lets cut the kid some slack. He just got married for pete's sake! I'm sure he'll have his forward quals done by the end of the week.;)

Once agin Tim. Congratulations to your daughter, and if they have any problems, or just need info on the area, don't hesitate to shoot me a pm. I've lived and worked here, New London, for 28 years now.

Ted Shrader
05-13-2008, 8:39 PM
Tim -

Congratulations to the newlyweds. Ditto what Doc said. The sooner he gets qualified, the better life will be. And she will get used to the "smell". It is truly unique.

Congratulations,
Ted
(From a 28 year veteran of the submarine service.)