PDA

View Full Version : Flat Screen TV Cabinet

Richard Venturelli
05-11-2008, 11:35 AM
Just finished this cabinet for a customer. It's a 52" Flat Screen. The cabinet is 8' long built in 2 sections and put together once in place.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll279/evodawg/tvcabinet8.jpg

John Thompson
05-11-2008, 12:17 PM
Very nice Richard and blends with the room decor nicely with the crown on board. I'm sure they were pleased.

Sarge..

Richard Venturelli
05-11-2008, 12:51 PM
Very nice Richard and blends with the room decor nicely with the crown on board. I'm sure they were pleased.

Sarge..

Thanks, just wish the picture would have shown the detail on the side trim and top. Oh well. They were very happy. Wanted to do this is natural wood, but they insisted with painted finish. Here's the one I built for their family room. Doors and top have a shuttter style.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll279/evodawg/familyrmtv.jpg

John Thompson
05-11-2008, 1:36 PM
That one is nice also, Richard. I'm with you on using natural finish, but it is not my house and theirs. We all have different taste which is a good thing or life could get boring.

Don't sweat the pictures as you are an amateur photographer as I. Unskilled pictures are a double edge sword in a sense. If you have a lot of flaws.. they will hide most on one edge..... if you have a lot of detail work that deserves to be seen...... they will hide that also. But the grade of a picture just to show your work in a forum as this does not justify a pro photo-graph.

And don't feel bad if you don't get over-whelmed with replies. I just did a chest of drawers that I posted. It had book matched drawer fronts and they increased 1/2" in width top to bottom. I hand made the knobs and proportioned them 1/8" wide and taller from top to bottom to correspond to drawer width. It had secret mitered DT's in the front corners of the base where it met. You can't see that detail as it is well.... secret. :)

Very few replies and hardly any noticed the grain match.. or fine details that tool so long to do. The chest was shot in the shop with harsh light and sun-light streaming in. It took the shellac finish from hand rubbed to satin to gloss with the glare. The fine details got covered up as they are evident if you physically were standiing in front of it looking.

So IMO.. don't be discouraged when you don't get lots of replies. Most are more concerned personally with getting there shops built and tools accumulated and may be some time before that ends. You can post a picture of a drill press table you built in 4 hours over in the section for WW in general and may get 50 replies as to how good it looks. But.. if you spent 5 months on detail on a finished piece you will be lucky to get over 12-14 replies on average.

That is the reality that I have been forced to accept after butchering for 36 years... so be prepared for it as the bottom line is as long as the recipient was impressed... you scored a "bulls-eye" with that shot. ;)

Gotta go clean cyclones.. finish sharpening planes and a wax job is due machine tops today. Another chest gets started tomorrow as the lovely lady does appreciate the detail and that is all that really matters in the "real world". ha.. ha... ha..ha..ha..

Keep up the good work....

Sarge..

Richard Venturelli
05-11-2008, 2:09 PM
That one is nice also, Richard. I'm with you on using natural finish, but it is not my house and theirs. We all have different taste which is a good thing or life could get boring.

Don't sweat the pictures as you are an amateur photographer as I. Unskilled pictures are a double edge sword in a sense. If you have a lot of flaws.. they will hide most on one edge..... if you have a lot of detail work that deserves to be seen...... they will hide that also. But the grade of a picture just to show your work in a forum as this does not justify a pro photo-graph.

That's true

And don't feel bad if you don't get over-whelmed with replies. I just did a chest of drawers that I posted. It had book matched drawer fronts and they increased 1/2" in width top to bottom. I hand made the knobs and proportioned them 1/8" wide and taller from top to bottom to correspond to drawer width. It had secret mitered DT's in the front corners of the base where it met. You can't see that detail as it is well.... secret. :)

I'll have to take a look.

Very few replies and hardly any noticed the grain match.. or fine details that tool so long to do. The chest was shot in the shop with harsh light and sun-light streaming in. It took the shellac finish from hand rubbed to satin to gloss with the glare. The fine details got covered up as they are evident if you physically were standiing in front of it looking.

Nothing like the real thing.

So IMO.. don't be discouraged when you don't get lots of replies. Most are more concerned personally with getting there shops built and tools accumulated and may be some time before that ends. You can post a picture of a drill press table you built in 4 hours over in the section for WW in general and may get 50 replies as to how good it looks. But.. if you spent 5 months on detail on a finished piece you will be lucky to get over 12-14 replies on average.

hahaha, lmao, and I thought this was a woodworking forum, not a greasy refurbish tool Time talk.

That is the reality that I have been forced to accept after butchering for 36 years... so be prepared for it as the bottom line is as long as the recipient was impressed... you scored a "bulls-eye" with that shot. ;)

I padded myself on the back!

Gotta go clean cyclones.. finish sharpening planes and a wax job is due machine tops today. Another chest gets started tomorrow as the lovely lady does appreciate the detail and that is all that really matters in the "real world". ha.. ha... ha..ha..ha..

Keep up the good work....

Sarge..

Thanks again and I will have a look at your prior post.

J. Z. Guest
05-11-2008, 2:24 PM
Nice work Richard. You have better taste than your customers; I'd have made it out of wood to match the cabinets in the background. Furniture painted white always seems "Plastic-Fantastic" to me. ;) You did your part though!

Jim Becker
05-11-2008, 8:21 PM
Nice work, Richard.