PDA

View Full Version : Jet Mini Lathe Availability

Ken Salisbury
04-06-2004, 10:26 AM
Several posts have been made recently about not being able to get Jet Mini lathes. I made a call this morning to General Industrial Supply, Nashville, TN to check availability.

It seems Jet has ALL orders for Mini's on back order. Furthermore I learned there will be an approximate 8% price rise by Jet on all units shipped after May 1st.

GIS is on back order alsofor new Mini's.

Rick Warren (owner) has a few (10) scratch and dent units on hand priced at $150.00. These will probably go quickly based on everyone being on back order.

If you are interested call Rick Warren 1-800-371-2220

Greg Heppeard
04-06-2004, 11:22 AM
I do know that if you purchase one of these at the current price, you'll get that price until May 1. All you have to do is go to your favorite store and have them special order it or put it on lay away.

Michael Cody
04-06-2004, 12:15 PM
Several posts have been made recently about not being able to get Jet Mini lathes. I made a call this morning to General Industrial Supply, Nashville, TN to check availability.

It seems Jet has ALL orders for Mini's on back order. Furthermore I learned there will be an approximate 8% price rise by Jet on all units shipped after May 1st.

Rick Warren (owner) has a few (10) scratch and dent units on hand priced at $150.00. These will probably go quickly based on everyone being on back order.

Just a note on the Jet Mini's ... I bought a VS one in Feburary from Amazon got it in a week... they had to send me 3 total (2 bad & 1 good) to get me one that the Tail Stock crank screw was not binding ... sounds like they may have had a bit of a quality problem and had to get it fixed...

Keith Outten
04-06-2004, 12:19 PM
Folks I believe that Greg can take orders for Jet Mini Lathes if anyone would like to take his advice you can probably order a lathe from him before the price increase. (Hit the PM Button)

There are lots of resources here at SMC, if you need help finding a tool or supplies post a message and ask for help...I bet you get plenty of Private Messages with offers to help from many of our members who are in the business :)

Sam Chambers
04-06-2004, 4:14 PM
Hey Ken....

I see that GIS's web site has been down again for several weeks. (At least when I've tried.) Did they take it down, or am I imagining things?

Jim Baker
04-07-2004, 7:11 PM

Thanks for the tip, Ken.

I have one on the way now. We should be making Freedom Pens in no time.

Greg Heppeard
04-07-2004, 9:34 PM
The Jet VS mini is readily available....the old style is the one in short supply...Jet lowered the retail to $199 just before Xmas and they ran out. As far as I know, the price is still $199 until the May 1st increase.