PDA

View Full Version : DNA Source

Richard M. Wolfe
05-10-2008, 7:25 PM
Well, here I am again. I'm going to have to get to turning so I won't feel out of place if I post something here. Which I will start in a few months....retirement coming up.

Anyway..... I was in my local ACE Hardware today to pick up some Danish oil. I turned around and right behind me was DNA. I had bought a gallon in HD for use with shellac for about $12 if I recall correctly. The price per gallon at my ACE was $8.97. And below it was a five gallon can for $31.76, which, when I got home and did the math, is $6.35 a gallon. So by the five gallon can it's close to half the price per gallon at the Borg. I know that ACE is pretty widespread and that DNA is widely used in turning so I thought I would post this and maybe save someone a buck or two - I haven't a clue if the DNA prices are uniform across the stores.

Bernie Weishapl
05-10-2008, 10:33 PM
Richard I found the same thing. I got mine for I think $32.95. Still pretty cheap.

Ken Fitzgerald
05-10-2008, 10:40 PM
Richard,

Sometimes you might want to check paint stores too. They carry it and depending on the local situation, they might be cheaper.