PDA

View Full Version : Got my new Jet Air filters installed today

Larry Browning
05-10-2008, 6:56 PM
Part of my tax rebate went to getting some cleaner air in my shop. As a bonus, my son came and helped me install them.

Ben Cadotte
05-10-2008, 7:58 PM
Part of my tax rebate went to getting some cleaner air in my shop. As a bonus, my son came and helped me install them.

2 of them? How big is the shop? Thought this was MOTHERS day weekend :D:D

Congrats on the new tools / better work environment.

Larry Browning
05-10-2008, 8:55 PM
Ben,
My shop is 30X42X9. One was just slightly under what was recommended. So I got 2. Plus, I do kick up quite a bit of dust and I am tired of having a coat of dust all over everything.

Ben Cadotte
05-10-2008, 9:03 PM
Ben,
My shop is 30X42X9. One was just slightly under what was recommended. So I got 2. Plus, I do kick up quite a bit of dust and I am tired of having a coat of dust all over everything.

Just did the math and my space is about 20 cuft smaller than yours. I almost bought one 2 weeks ago. Maybe when I do do it, I should consider 2 as well. I considered 2 but thought that was probably overkill.

Ron Bontz
05-11-2008, 12:49 AM
Larry I have to say if I may. That's a good idea putting in two. I have found in my little shop 24 x 30, that one air cleaner (JDS 8-12) causes a circular flow of air and of course circulates the dust with it. I have been planning on putting another cleaner in my shop as well. Opposite wall facing the opposite direction. Let us know how this works. Thanks

Dewey Torres
05-11-2008, 3:54 AM
I have that same model in my shop. You are going to like it. I am however, wondering how you plan on separating the 2 remotes?
Dewey

Kevin Stobb
05-11-2008, 8:11 AM
Hey, just wondering. I just bought one of these at an auction, thing looks brand new, no dust on it, or in the filters. Got it for 75 bucks, because nobody else really was bidding against me. Works great, I think I got a great deal. The only problem was they could not find the remote, and did not even know it came with one. Can I contact Jet and get a remote, or are they unit specific?? Thanks for the help. Beautiful shop!!

Larry Browning
05-11-2008, 8:52 AM
I have that same model in my shop. You are going to like it. I am however, wondering how you plan on separating the 2 remotes?
Dewey
Dewey,
One remote works for both units. I guess I have an spare remote if I happen to lose one.

Wayne Ashing
05-11-2008, 9:59 AM
Larry, if you have a Griz Cyclone it may work for that too! My Griz also starts my Jet Air cleaner. Contacted Grizzly Tech Support and they said there is no frequency to reset,Sooo, I just have to be carefull in how I aim the remote?

Don Abele
05-11-2008, 12:53 PM
...I just bought one of these at an auction, thing looks brand new, no dust on it, or in the filters. Got it for 75 bucks...

Kevin...that's a stealth GLOAT!!! Congrats on the find.

...The only problem was they could not find the remote, and did not even know it came with one. Can I contact Jet and get a remote, or are they unit specific??...

I just checked online with Jet, they list the breakdown for all their tools. The remote is listed as part #28, but it has no associated part number for ordering. When I checked the other air cleaners, same thing. It's shown in the parts diagram with a part number, but no associated number for ordering it. However, you can buy the label for the remote :confused: Call Jet and talk with them, I'm sure you can get the remote.

Be well,

Doc