PDA

View Full Version : Gasket Material

Chris Jenkins
05-10-2008, 12:23 AM
I see several posts in this forum for Clearvue Mini Cyclones towers. I have the Cyclone, but I don't have the gasket material. I am defiantly getting an updraft in my cyclone. At first I thought it was my vacuum (commercial grade), but I am pretty sure it is the 5 gallon bucket and mdf ring that I made. I can't find any type of 11.5 - 12" gasket at the store.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what to use? I see many people routing out a gap for some type of gasket material?

I checked with Plumbing at the local BORG, but now I am thinking maybe weather stripping, but that may be too thin.

Thanks,

Chris

Alan Trout
05-10-2008, 8:37 AM
For my ClearVue mini cyclone I built a box out of 3/4" plywood and the top and where the cyclone mounts needed a gasket. Most large cities will have a company that specializes in "Power Transmission" i.e. belts, pulleys. etc. Most of them stock rubber or neoprene gasket material. I went down to the store ask about the gasket material. They had cutoff scraps in the back and bought about a yard of rubber gasket material for $5 and it worked great.

Good Luck

Alan

Chris Jenkins
05-10-2008, 10:53 PM
Well, no luck with the weather stripping, looks like I'm going to the Auto Store, Thanks Alan