PDA

View Full Version : technical problem with SMC

Gene Michael
05-09-2008, 11:32 PM
Tonight, some screens come up quickly and others fail to come up after` several minutes. Also, clicked on SMC link to an earlier thread. Got a box telling me I wasn't logged on (I really was). Twice, have lost my log on while viewing threads. I went to several other sites, including Woodcraft and Rockler. I am able to change screens very quickly on these. This is the first time I've had this type of problem with the SMC site. Hope one of the moderators reads this and sends it on to the tech folks.

PS: If it makes any difference, I'm using DSL.

Lance Norris
05-10-2008, 3:28 AM
Ive been having this problem for weeks.

Keith Outten
05-10-2008, 8:47 AM
I haven't experienced any problems but I will ask Aaron to look into the issue.

If anyone ealse is having similar problems please post in this thread, it would help us to identify the scope of what we may be dealing with or limit the issue to a small group.

Aaron Koehl
05-16-2008, 9:44 AM
I haven't experienced any issues either.. ?

Jason Beam
05-16-2008, 11:54 AM
I run into something ... similar, i guess ... when replying. It started when the google ads came along ... I'd hit "post reply" and it'd go to a blank screen. Weird things would happen to my browser, too - like my F5 key to reload wouldn't work. I actually had to click on the reload button. Once reloaded, it worked fast as heck - but the google ad space (the one under the main post, not the top of the page one) is almost always blank after that. It's strange - almost like it didn't like the POST form submission - which would be odd, since I doubt the ads are given a POST request.

I don't know if the google thing is the cause, I just thought I'd mention the timing in case that helps jog any memories of other changes that might be the source.

If memory serves, the issue only seems to happen in Firefox for me.

Randy Klein
05-16-2008, 12:33 PM
the issue only seems to happen in Firefox for me.

When weird stuff like that happens to me, it's almost always a add-on problem. I go back and turn off the newest add-ons until the problem disappears.

Jason Beam
05-16-2008, 1:10 PM
When weird stuff like that happens to me, it's almost always a add-on problem. I go back and turn off the newest add-ons until the problem disappears.

Heh - I'd agree with ya...but i don't have ANY plugins installed. It's unpredictable, too - it doesn't happen every single time and as a computer geek, I realize that it's pretty dang tricky to fix those things.